News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Tri-fold Ticket Wallets

Started by CL, December 31, 2017, 10:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Hello all,

I'm off to London in the forthcoming week. I've booked the tickets and have already collected them a few days ago. There's four of us going; travelling on advance singles, which are only valid with a 'reservation' ticket - in each direction, that would make it two tickets per person (four, both ways), which equates to sixteen tickets in total.

I visited New Street today, in hopes of returning with one of the ticket wallets that fold out into three sections (y'know, like this: https://www.picclickimg.com/d/w1600/pict/132420187077_/National-Rail-Wallet-Holds.jpg) - only to be turned away. The reasoning behind this? Apparently, these ticket wallets are "only available to passengers who possess a season ticket?" Personally, I've never heard this before. Usually, I'd pop in and out with no trouble whatsoever - leaving with what I went in for; whether it be the NatEx Travelshop, the NWM shop, or even Moor Street Station.

Having said that, I know you'd be thinking "well, why wouldn't you just go to Moor Street Station?" - truth be told, I'm not too keen on the Chiltern Railways one that they give you. I find it a bit big; much bigger than the example I've linked. But, I guess that's just me being picky. I'm not sure what my point was going to be, or what I was originally going to ask.

Has anyone ever been denied a ticket wallet? Not quite sure why they would; the reason they have is absurd, in my opinion. Thoughts?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

the trainbasher

Try Snow Hill as they'll no doubt have either NRE (or possibly some LM) branded ones in stock which they'll happily give out, no questions asked

I remember a couple of years ago, The Hawthorns had some Central Trains ones in their stock!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: CL on December 31, 2017, 10:36:18 PM
Hello all,

I'm off to London in the forthcoming week. I've booked the tickets and have already collected them a few days ago. There's four of us going; travelling on advance singles, which are only valid with a 'reservation' ticket - in each direction, that would make it two tickets per person (four, both ways), which equates to sixteen tickets in total.

I visited New Street today, in hopes of returning with one of the ticket wallets that fold out into three sections (y'know, like this: https://www.picclickimg.com/d/w1600/pict/132420187077_/National-Rail-Wallet-Holds.jpg) - only to be turned away. The reasoning behind this? Apparently, these ticket wallets are "only available to passengers who possess a season ticket?" Personally, I've never heard this before. Usually, I'd pop in and out with no trouble whatsoever - leaving with what I went in for; whether it be the NatEx Travelshop, the NWM shop, or even Moor Street Station.

Having said that, I know you'd be thinking "well, why wouldn't you just go to Moor Street Station?" - truth be told, I'm not too keen on the Chiltern Railways one that they give you. I find it a bit big; much bigger than the example I've linked. But, I guess that's just me being picky. I'm not sure what my point was going to be, or what I was originally going to ask.

Has anyone ever been denied a ticket wallet? Not quite sure why they would; the reason they have is absurd, in my opinion. Thoughts?

I have never been denied for asking for one and I don't hold a season ticket but I haven't ever asked from New Street. Still got a LM one so will be keeping that for as long as possible !

WMT3000

I picked a couple up the other day at Olton station (i asked for one but was kindly given two). Can't say i've ever had a problem anywhere myself - in fact a couple of months ago i was offered and given a tri-fold Virgin Trains holder by Virgin staff at New St (which i haven't used but is now in my collection). It might just be luck of the draw at New St and depend on which staff member sells you your tickets.

CL

Ah, cheers guys! I was thinking to try Snow Hill. I was going to just visit my local station, Jewellery Quarter, but (conveniently) their ticket office is only open at Friday daytimes. ::)

In terms of the staff member who turned me away at New Street, when I asked her for one she sort of hesistated before asking me what I'd use it for. To be honest, that's mainly the reason why I find this situation a bit ridiculous. Bearing in mind at the time, I was holding my railcard, and my four tickets in my hand for her to see - so her response was almost invalid, could we say?  :-\

CL

Tried my luck at Snow Hill; the guy behind the counter happily flung one in my direction. Still a Chiltern one, but hey ho. Better a new one than my old, battered one!

vinh1000

I got one from Snow Hill recently
Automatically given one when purchasing a one day nNetwork
Keeping it as long as I can as LM branded
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk