News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hopes and Predictions for 2018

Started by the trainbasher, December 23, 2017, 08:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Predictions for Coventry. Some humour, some serious!
- Having closed a no. of bus lanes in 2017 the council will go further and ban all buses from the city centre as they see Coventry as motor car city! Pollution and traffic jams rules here.
- Pool meadow bus station will be turned into student flats as the University overwhelmes the city.
- Millions of pounds will be wasted looking at a possible unique tram system for Coventry. After 10 years work it will confirm that buses are the best answer.
- Coventry will heavily fund excellent public tranport improvements in Birmingham for no positive gain whatsoever.
- Rotala will take over Igo routes.
- Decourcy will sell up its declining bus services to Rotala and concentrate on the more profitable coach business.
- Bus services to Kenilworth will take a hit when the trains call there.
- this forum will hopefully continue!
Happy Christmas everyone

Trident 4194

I love the e400's on the 110. Sound more like a mk1 NX bus. Also they are incredibly fast

MasterPlan

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 23, 2017, 09:34:17 PM.
PREDICTIONS:
126 to be split into routes (26 Birmingham to Dudley and 21 Dudley to Wolverhampton).
74 to run Dudley to West Bromwich, NEW 15 to run Birmingham to West Bromwich.
X51 to be increased to every 8 minutes. 

Wouldn't it just be 125 and 126? Don't see the point of dropping the 1.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 24, 2017, 11:43:28 AM
Wouldn't it just be 125 and 126? Don't see the point of dropping the 1.
In an ideal world yes but with new (ridiculous) numbering system we have now it proberbly won't.

Gareth

I'd like to see some change at BY, the Scanias seem to be very reliable buses, but I'd quite like to see some newer buses join the garage fleet. Maybe some B7's. Always liked them.

John

Quote from: Gareth on December 24, 2017, 07:55:27 PM
I'd like to see some change at BY, the Scanias seem to be very reliable buses, but I'd quite like to see some newer buses join the garage fleet. Maybe some B7's. Always liked them.

I'd like to see a start with repaints at Bordesley. I know they are low priority but some do look extremely tatty.

Jack

Quote from: John on December 24, 2017, 08:06:20 PM
I'd like to see a start with repaints at Bordesley. I know they are low priority but some do look extremely tatty.
The five at PB in red/white look awful, hopefully they'll be done.

CL

Hope:

the X64 will lose the damn 'X'! :P
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

markcf83

More serious penalties for those who cause wanton damage to buses and bus stops.
A stable network with few changes to it.

Not too much to ask for......
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Jack

Another hope:

Claribels either paint their E200's or put a logo on them. They come back on the daytime 55's.

Trident 4194

Quote from: CL on December 25, 2017, 03:25:11 PM
Hope:

Funny you say that from Bartley green it's quicker by 10 mins to get the 22/23 than the x64. How it's called the x64 is beyond me

B.C Driver

Quote from: CL on December 25, 2017, 03:25:11 PM
Hope:

X64 non limited stop - displaying limited stop

X61 limited stop - not displaying limited stop
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

MasterPlan

Quote from: B.C Driver on December 25, 2017, 05:13:41 PM
X64 non limited stop - displaying limited stop

X61 limited stop - not displaying limited stop

The X64 is the only route out of those changed last April that still has it's old display.

As for the dropping of the X it's about to be scrapped anyway.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: Winston on December 23, 2017, 10:57:58 PM
With Birmingham winning the bid to host the Commenwealth Games in 2022, over the next 4 years I would like to see the new Mayor implement measures to ban cars completely from an increasing number of roads within Birmingham City Centre including Broad St, increased bus priorities throughout the WM, new Park & Ride sites developed to serve Birmingham City Centre aimed at commuters / shoppers with low cost parking.

I think the biggest issue with the city centre and bus congestion is the number of car parks, and the queues for them which block up many of the city centre roads which are key routes for many bus services.
I have commented before that I would like to see a much improved park-and ride service, so there are less cars driving into the heart of the city centre to get a space at a car park. Get a large number of these cars out the way, and bus reliability has a chance of some much needed improvement. Four huge park-and-ride sites, north, south, east and west of the city centre, with frequent shuttle bus services linking them to the city centre.
Or perhaps have less bus services going in and out of the city centre? Have a similar principle, with perhaps eight 'key bus interchanges' dotted around the middle ring road, with most services terminating at those (as feeders), rather than continuing all the way into the city centre. Key 'trunk routes' would continue to enter the city, with other shorter 'cross-city' shuttles linking the interchanges together, as well as a revised Inner Circle service.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on December 26, 2017, 09:01:36 PM
I think the biggest issue with the city centre and bus congestion is the number of car parks, and the queues for them which block up many of the city centre roads which are key routes for many bus services.
I have commented before that I would like to see a much improved park-and ride service, so there are less cars driving into the heart of the city centre to get a space at a car park. Get a large number of these cars out the way, and bus reliability has a chance of some much needed improvement. Four huge park-and-ride sites, north, south, east and west of the city centre, with frequent shuttle bus services linking them to the city centre.
Or perhaps have less bus services going in and out of the city centre? Have a similar principle, with perhaps eight 'key bus interchanges' dotted around the middle ring road, with most services terminating at those (as feeders), rather than continuing all the way into the city centre. Key 'trunk routes' would continue to enter the city, with other shorter 'cross-city' shuttles linking the interchanges together, as well as a revised Inner Circle service.
What would the point of that be, throw people of one bus to put them on another bus, to transport them in to the City Centre on another bus, surely you'd still have the same amount of buses in the City Centre, just more shuttle buses to some interchange. Surely it'd just make everyones journey longer.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk