News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

@MasterPlan 74s appear to be tracking now.

On a separate note, what was 4738 doing in Jewellery Quarter this afternoon/evening? Was parked up on the kerb for a bit before driving down a few yards to the Red Lion on Warstone Lane. Had Private Hire on the displays. Anymore intel on this, or just an exclusive pub crawl? lol

Caught a photo of 4780 passing it.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: CL on January 19, 2018, 10:24:40 PM

On a separate note, what was 4738 doing in Jewellery Quarter this afternoon/evening? Was parked up on the kerb for a bit before driving down a few yards to the Red Lion on Warstone Lane. Had Private Hire on the displays. Anymore intel on this, or just an exclusive pub crawl? lol

Might be the same one I saw at Aston Cross earlier this afternoon heading into City

Jack6101

theyve been tracking for nearly a week now
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Was taking groups from the Copthorne Hotel to various places around Birmingham.

CL

Quote from: Jack6101 on January 19, 2018, 10:30:19 PM
theyve been tracking for nearly a week now
Didn't take much notice of it until this afternoon, when three were expected to come at the same time! (4 mins, 5 miins, 5 mins) ! :P Aha

Quote from: WB Driver on January 19, 2018, 10:40:42 PM
Was taking groups from the Copthorne Hotel to various places around Birmingham.
Cheers @WB Driver
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

4929 has had yellow route branding applied for the 5 (West Bromwich to Sutton Coldfield). There is a photo somewhere on Facebook.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Nathan on January 28, 2018, 05:30:41 PM
4929 has had yellow route branding applied for the 5 (West Bromwich to Sutton Coldfield). There is a photo somewhere on Facebook.
Oh no, why put branding on red and white buses !

Jack

Quote from: Nathan on January 28, 2018, 05:30:41 PM
Yep, same style as the 80. Looks good. I presume 4927-4937 will be branded? Nice to see that they rebranded it in yellow.

Quote from: Steve3229vp on January 28, 2018, 05:54:19 PM
Oh no, why put branding on red and white buses !
What's wrong with branding red and white buses? Looks smart, main thing it's not green or blue!

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack on January 28, 2018, 05:54:59 PM
Yep, same style as the 80. Looks good. I presume 4927-4937 will be branded? Nice to see that they rebranded it in yellow.
What's wrong with branding red and white buses? Looks smart, main thing it's not green or blue!
I wish they would just brand Crimson buses. Tourist's coming to the West Midlands probably think there are to different bus companies !

Westy

I don't see the point of branding the red & whites, especially as the vehicles concerned will more than likely get a crimson repaint in the next few years, and why put new style branding on the red & whites?

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on January 28, 2018, 06:25:59 PM
Tourist's coming to the West Midlands probably think there are to different bus companies !

Amazing isn't it

NXWM have 3 liveries in use and people "probably think there are to different bus companies"

Nottingham has multiple liveries on both main operators and it is genuinely difficult to tell which is Trent and which is Nottingham yet both get praised as top operators.

Gareth

Tourist's coming to the West Midlands probably think there are to different bus companies !

I the line of work that do, I deal with 90% of people who are not local to the Midlands. Both national and international guests. Never, have I been asked about any local buses. Trains, yes. Planes, yes. Local taxi firms, walking, cycle routes. Never buses.

I wish they would just brand Crimson buses. Tourist's coming to the West Midlands probably think there are to different bus companies !
Not hard to tell, all buses in the NXWM fleet say National Express West Midlands.
The only time people are going to care who operates the bus is if they've bought a pass/ticket that excludes certain operators, eg. on the 11 someone buys a NX pass/day ticket that excludes Social Travel/DTS.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2018, 06:36:17 PM
Amazing isn't it NXWM have 3 liveries in use and people "probably think there are to different bus companies"
Nottingham has multiple liveries on both main operators and it is genuinely difficult to tell which is Trent and which is Nottingham yet both get praised as top operators.

I DID GET ASKED IF THE RED X10 GOES THE SAME WAY AS THE GREY X10 YESTERDAY

don

Quote from: Westy on January 28, 2018, 06:30:15 PM
I don't see the point of branding the red & whites, especially as the vehicles concerned will more than likely get a crimson repaint in the next few years, and why put new style branding on the red & whites?

If NXWM only repaint 50 double deckers a year, then these would be done in the next two years if they go in date order - thus plenty of life for the branding - which will also cover up faded red nicely as well 😏 👍
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk