News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Northwestern Railway

Started by Stu, December 10, 2017, 05:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 21, 2017, 03:00:14 PM
What routes they gona use em on

They'll be kept on Northampton-Euston as that's where the drivers are traction trained on them

mikestone

They will need units to release 323s for Bromsgrove in May.

Kevin2017

Quote from: The Real 4778 on December 14, 2017, 02:55:15 PM
Public address software update could be done in a couple of days/ nights TBH.

At New Street, the announcements, barely say North Western Railway Service or West Midlands Railway Service, they removed London Midland Service.

Steveminor

Caught a train christmas eve the guard announcmement " welcome a bird this london mid, sorry west midlands rds i, apologies london north western service to London euston".
Must be very confusing for the staff.

mikestone

Not only for staff - at Stafford they were announcing as LN services.

Tony

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2017, 10:05:43 AM
They are taking 8 more in total

A 3rd of the 8 I mentioned should now be at Bletchley (I haven't got the number) being made LNWR compatable

mikestone

350121 has London Northwestern Railway logos.

Roy

The order for Vivarail Class 230s to operate Bletchley to Bedford from December 2018 has been confirmed
https://www.globalrailnews.com/2018/03/01/west-midlands-trains-strikes-rolling-stock-deal-with-vivarail/

Bob

Theyll be nice and warm when they set on fire 😂

Steveminor

That was a cheap shot Bob.

I'm sure they got that issue sorted or they'd never allow the class on the network.

Bob

JoNi

350373. The least amount of yellow you can get away with or doesn't it matter these days?
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/qX6892

I think the ruling changed so that they weren't required to have yellow ends as long as the headlights are bright enough. If you look at the new Crossrail Units they don't have Yellow ends at all.

JoNi

Quote from: WB Driver on March 08, 2018, 08:19:26 PM
I think the ruling changed so that they weren't required to have yellow ends as long as the headlights are bright enough. If you look at the new Crossrail Units they don't have Yellow ends at all.
Thanks wasn't sure if that was the case, saw one parked at Crewe with Elizabeth line on side.

The Real 4778

Quote from: WB Driver on March 08, 2018, 08:19:26 PM

It's not quite as simple as the lights being 'bright enough,' although that's obviously one of the variables in the acceptance process.  It's more about complying with a certain lighting configuration, including lamp strength.

Anyone who wants to read the detail, can check the relevant Standard, here:
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk