News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Chaos again today 1612 running over 30 mins late due to a "train fault"...then rolls in empty at 1644...

mikestone

170631 has acquired West Midlands Railway logos on LM livery.

Dom

Quote from: mikestone on January 11, 2018, 09:47:02 AM
170631 has acquired West Midlands Railway logos on LM livery.

As has a majority of the fleet.

Bob

Why when the rail replacement bus is on from Cannock to Walsall on a Sat do BOTH services per hour call at all stations to Walsall when only one train per hour does so and the other is an express? What is the point in that other than discouraging passengers from using the service???

Kevin2017

Where the rail buses stop at Walsall??

Bob

Solo1

Quote from: Kevin2017 on January 14, 2018, 01:50:00 AM
Where the rail buses stop at Walsall??
what buses were used yesterday on there tame bridge-cannock
& whats been. used to day 

Cheese

Quote from: Solo1 on January 14, 2018, 12:59:28 PM
what buses were used yesterday on there tame bridge-cannock
& whats been. used to day 

Saw 2 NX OmniLinks and a Midland Classic Scania parked up by Walsall station yesterday.

BK63 YWP

Have any more trains been painted into the new livery
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

DJ

Quote from: Chris on January 26, 2018, 08:33:52 PM
Have any more trains been painted into the new livery

None as of yet, unless one's slipped through the net and hasn't been posted on RailUK Forums.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bob

Will WMR have their own pattern seat moquette? Surely the 323s must be first up for refurb? Seats have barely any padding left!

Tony

Quote from: Bob on January 28, 2018, 02:02:13 AM
Will WMR have their own pattern seat moquette? Surely the 323s must be first up for refurb? Seats have barely any padding left!

Why would they refurb the 323s?

The new trains to replace them are already on order.

Bob

So we're definetely not having any of them on the chase line and its DEFINETELY 350s?

DJ

Quote from: Bob on January 28, 2018, 02:02:13 AM

I'd say the 350/1's need more of a refurb, or at least a seat refurb. They're still running as delivered in 2005, in the neutral grey and blue colour scheme, whereas the 323's were given a refurb between 2011 and 2013. The 323's are being replaced in 2020, whereas it looks like the 350's are being retained, not to mention the extra units being cascaded down from Transpennine Express starting next year.

Quote from: Bob on January 28, 2018, 11:34:01 AM
So we're definetely not having any of them on the chase line and its DEFINETELY 350s?

Since we're getting more 350's, I'd wage my bet on them being used for the Chase Line too.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bob

Capacity is a MASSIVE issue on the chase line and seeing as a 3 car 323 can carry more seated passengers than a 4 car 350 surely it would make more sense to use them on it? Cant believe weve got to put up with shitty 2 car diesels on peak journeys till the end of this year. Someone said the 720am from Cannock was booked for 4 car a couple of momths ago? Still a 2 car 170 with a 153 shoved on the back as far as im aware?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk