News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Hampshire & Dorset

Started by Dylanbusboy45, November 01, 2017, 07:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

Just seen on routeone.net that an extension to the Gosport-Fareham BRT system has been approved by the Minister of Transport. This should mean the system will be running on its own roads for the whole route part from in Gosport and Fareham town centres. Currently the BRT is from Fareham to halfway from Gosport
http://www.route-one.net/articles/Bus_routes/Eclipse_gets_green_light_for__10m_Gosport_extension

John

Don't suppose if anyone knows if the 3 open topper B7TLs at Weymouth are back in service yet with the Summer timetables in operation from the 7th April. Noticed they have reappeared on the fleetlist on Uk Buses, but a facebook post on one of the First groups from yesterday seems to suggest they are still not in use yet

Planning to go on Thursday, but don't want a wasted trip if they are not out yet

winston

Quote from: John on April 14, 2019, 08:18:00 PM
Don't suppose if anyone knows if the 3 open topper B7TLs at Weymouth are back in service yet with the Summer timetables in operation from the 7th April. Noticed they have reappeared on the fleetlist on Uk Buses, but a facebook post on one of the First groups from yesterday seems to suggest they are still not in use yet

Planning to go on Thursday, but don't want a wasted trip if they are not out yet

You could always try asking on the forum here, the website/fleetlist isn't updated very often, but I believe the forum is still current.
https://www.freewebs.com/firstprovincial/

Ginger66

Quote from: John on April 14, 2019, 08:18:00 PM

Thought open top buses only ran in the summer season.   Last time I caught one was in the 80's from weymouth to Portland  Bill

winston

Quote from: Ginger66 on July 03, 2019, 05:44:47 PM
Thought open top buses only ran in the summer season.   Last time I caught one was in the 80's from weymouth to Portland  Bill

I think typically run the main tourist season i.e. April - end Sept, same as some Kernow enhancements. 

Ginger66

Quote from: Winston on July 03, 2019, 05:50:34 PM
I think typically run the main tourist season i.e. April - end Sept, same as some Kernow enhancements.

Last time I was in Weymouth was 17 years ago went in the April and was the No 1 that went from Kings Statue.   

Loved the old open top bus at Weymouth think it was a Bristol bus and sat right at the front of the bus on the top deck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk