News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

INIT - Ticket Machines

Started by Jack D, September 28, 2017, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Jack on October 13, 2017, 09:40:12 PM
They are really good. The tickets are a huge improvement, actually can see the fonts. Only thing that isn't good is some drivers don't know how to use the new wayfarer properly. It took about 5 minutes for a driver to issue the £1 promo Daysaver as they didn't know what to do.

It is just getting used to the new layout and the different menus for all the day tickets. Which are very different on the init machines than the old Wayfarers

Tony

Quote from: Jack on October 13, 2017, 09:40:12 PM
They are really good. The tickets are a huge improvement, actually can see the fonts. Only thing that isn't good is some drivers don't know how to use the new wayfarer properly. It took about 5 minutes for a driver to issue the £1 promo Daysaver as they didn't know what to do.

They're not wayfarers

Jack

Quote from: Tony on October 13, 2017, 10:02:19 PM
They're not wayfarers
I know, they're called 'init machines', I'm getting use to not calling them wayfarers anymore.

Kevin

Seen a few issues with paper getting stuck in the printers already though
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Jack

Quote from: Kevin on October 14, 2017, 10:33:37 AM
Seen a few issues with paper getting stuck in the printers already though
When on 4485 today, the drop claw machine was jammed and the driver had to keep banging it to un jam, resulting in loads of money dropping onto the floor!

Dom

Quote from: Jack on October 14, 2017, 05:31:15 PM
When on 4485 today, the drop claw machine was jammed and the driver had to keep banging it to un jam, resulting in loads of money dropping onto the floor!

The what?!

Jack

Quote from: Dom on October 14, 2017, 05:32:28 PM
The what?!
The money you put in the machine to purchase a ticket! What do you think they were?!

Tony

Quote from: Jack on October 14, 2017, 05:33:55 PM
The money you put in the machine to purchase a ticket! What do you think they were?!

Aren't drop claw machines what you win stupid soft toys from in amusement arcades?

Do you mean the vault?

Jack

Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2017, 05:37:49 PM
Aren't drop claw machines what you win stupid soft toys from in amusement arcades?

Do you mean the vault?
I got told by a driver that's what they're called. Yes the vault, if you want it to be called that way.

John

Quote from: Jack on October 14, 2017, 05:31:15 PM

Nothing to do with the init machines. A few I've had recently have done that and ive either tapped the side of the chute or used the mushroom key to get it to unstick. Probably the age of some of the vaults. I put it on the VCR so something should get done

Jack

Quote from: John on October 14, 2017, 05:41:22 PM
Nothing to do with the init machines. A few I've had recently have done that and ive either tapped the side of the chute or used the mushroom key to get it to unstick. Probably the age of some of the vaults. I put it on the VCR so something should get done
The driver was sticking something down it. So I'm guessing the vault was becoming old and tired. The ticket machine then played up too.

Dom

Quote from: Jack on October 14, 2017, 05:33:55 PM

I know what they are, they're not called that.

John

Quote from: Jack on October 14, 2017, 05:44:26 PM
The driver was sticking something down it. So I'm guessing the vault was becoming old and tired. The ticket machine then played up too.

Clogged up with notes more than likely. The new £5 notes are the worst

Stu

Ah, the cash vault chute. Yes, they are very old now, and when originally designed probably didn't have paper notes in mind, or people pouring in vast quantities of coins to pay for a £4 daysaver. ;)

Back in the day, when an adult single was 60p, the chute could easily handle a 50p and 10p coin, and the driver could see exactly what you'd paid. People wonder nowadays why drivers get shirty when you pour two pounds worth of 10p and 5p coins and they are expected to know what ticket you want! ;)

But yes, as stated, not an issue with the new ticket machines, drivers have had to bang the chute or ram bits of paper or plastic in to unjam them for years now.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

GeminiFan1991

I remember during my time working at Amazon, I used to take the A52 from Erdington and the Amazon daysaver used to cost £6. Most people used to pay with a fiver and a pound coin. The driver routinely after issuing tickets had to use a ruler to force notes down the chute.

These things are built for coins.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk