News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva "Midshires"?

Started by hitune70, May 17, 2017, 08:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitune70

I got this idea from another website but here I suggest a new name for the combined Midland/Shires operation, as the building society of that name no longer uses it.
I wish they'd crack on with renumbering the  fleet
Midlands dds currently in the 4xxx series simply need 1000 added to their fleet numbers with the 48xx filling gaps in 57xx range.The artics at Leicester would become 4991-7.  Shires Wrightbus Streetlites to become 3344-69.  Optare Solos to fill gaps in 24xx/25xx range.
As Shires/Southern Counties own Arrivas only coaches I suggest these move into a single 8xxx range. Tjis scheme generally puts single deckers in the 2000,-4999/series, with double decks in the 5xxx and probably 6xxx range.  Let's hope they do it soon!

hitune70

Further to my first post I have some added suggestions for "Midshires" fleet numbers.

All VDL SB120s to be numbered in 27xx range.
Wrightbus Streetlites to become 3344-81.
MB Citaro 3908/9/12-32 become 3023-45.
MAN 3741-7 to become 3491-7.
MB artics to become 4991-8.
VDL SB200 MX12/13 reg 3767-78 to become.3812-23.
Dennis Darts in 3xxx to become 2120-32, all being MPDs.
Shires Dennis Tridents 5421-5 to become 5451-5
ex London DAF DB250 6xxx series to become 5811 upwards.
Optare Solo 441 and 6xxx range to become 2414-21.
These changes would eliminate duplication and would concentrate buses into appropriate blocks.

markcf83

As vehicle investment continues I would suspect a more tidier system will be implemented.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

hitune70

Many of the vehicles that need renumbering are mainly the newer fleet members.  I must add here that Volvo B10BLEs 3264/6 should become 3464/6 and Scania 3468 s.b 3599.

kernow dave

What about a National renumbering scheme? and save all of the renumbering when a vehicle is transferred.
Quote from: markcf83 on May 17, 2017, 09:33:13 AM
As vehicle investment continues I would suspect a more tidier system will be implemented.

markcf83

Quote from: kernow dave on May 17, 2017, 06:03:51 PM
What about a National renumbering scheme? and save all of the renumbering when a vehicle is transferred.

Good idea. Whether there's any inclination to do so or not is another matter altogether....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

hitune70

I totally agree with you about an Arriva national numbering scheme and I drew one up, but I'll have to put it as a separate topic elsewhere on the forum.

kernow dave

Interesting, I started to do so a few weeks ago, but never pursued the idea.

Personally I would be interested in your scheme. But as it has been said there is probably no inclination to carry a scheme out, perhaps you should submit it to Arriva.
Quote from: hitune70 on May 17, 2017, 06:49:17 PM
I totally agree with you about an Arriva national numbering scheme and I drew one up, but I'll have to put it as a separate topic elsewhere on the forum.

Tony

Quote from: kernow dave on May 17, 2017, 07:24:00 PM
Interesting, I started to do so a few weeks ago, but never pursued the idea.

Personally I would be interested in your scheme. But as it has been said there is probably no inclination to carry a scheme out, perhaps you should submit it to Arriva.

If Arriva wanted a National numbering scheme they would do it, but use to meet their own needs, not a random scheme sent to them by an enthusiast.

Why would you want for instance double decks spread over two Ten thousand ranges? Stagecoach and First with much larger fleets haven't.

hitune70

Tony - I will answer this query on the General Discussion thread. Thanks for your interest.

hitune70

I have had some second thoughts and it is not really necessary to renumber the double deckers, but coaches of "Midshires" and Southern Counties need to move into the ,8xxx range and all single decks into 2000-3999 range.
The 1xxx range is free, but was originally used for MB Various which have all vanished.  As long as the 3xxx Darts are moved to the 21xx series and the MB artics to 3991-8 there should be sufficient spare numbers for new single decker s, most of 23xx. 26xx, 28xx, most of 30xx, 31/32/34xx would be released. Of course there us the national schemes laid out in the General Discussion thread.

andyallen4014

A draft combined numbering of the Midlands/Shires fleets had been completed some time ago, but not yet implemented. I'm sure if and when the needs of the business deem it necessary it will be done, as its not as simple a task as changing the labels on the exteriors of buses!

hitune70

You're correct as asset records need to be amended to take account of the vehicles change of identity.

hitune70

Just a slight amendments to the Volvo B10BLEs 3264/6 and 3454/8 should become 3881-4 to place them with other Volvo saloons (B7s). There are 15 Dennis Darts in the 3xxx range, these should become 2181-95.

Tony

The company is being reorganised into two units, North and South.

Midlands South
Luton, Milton Keynes, Aylesbury, High Wycombe, Thurmaston, Wigston and Hinckley

Midlands North
Oswestry, Shrewsbury, Telford, Cannock, Tamworth, Derby and East Midlands Airport

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk