News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

HS2

Started by Bryan, May 25, 2016, 07:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: danny on June 12, 2016, 10:51:02 AM
My biggest concern is that HS2 will in theory only be affordable to a certain elite of passengers... Surely the price of a ticket will be alot more expensive then the current virgin services.

Why? they need to fill the trains, pricing will be on supply and demand, so fares will only be high if they can fill the trains with people willing to pay those fares. With the other services still running that won't happen, so there will be cheap fares off peak guaranteed.

Quote from: danny on June 12, 2016, 10:51:02 AM
Hardly comparable but I just imagine HS2 is a concorde of the rails. Of course this is only my opinion and if people disagree or have evidence to suggest otherwise.

Concorde only had 100 seats in it at a time trans-atlantic travel was exceeding demand, so supply and demand, as well as the high cost of operating Concorde meant high fares were needed

Kevin

I don't know myself but anyone got an idea what the Southeastern services were like before HS1 and the Javelin trains? Have the normal services suffered as a result or is there still overall more or less the same travel opportunities?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on June 12, 2016, 12:48:40 PM
I don't know myself but anyone got an idea what the Southeastern services were like before HS1 and the Javelin trains? Have the normal services suffered as a result or is there still overall more or less the same travel opportunities?

Severely overcrowded in the peak, both before and after HS1!

JoNi

Angela Leadsom has pulled out of the race to lead of the tory party, so the project is still on!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk