News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Photo additions 11th Oct

Started by andy41, October 19, 2015, 05:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy41

Some great old photos added on the 11th. Hope we can see more like these.

Tony

There will be Andy. I have got the late Bob Cutt's entire negative collection which amounts to several thousand photographs dating back to the early 1970s. I also now have the first batch of negatives from the Ronnie Morgan collection, not just prints I had before

Mike K

Quote from: andy41 on October 19, 2015, 05:26:19 PM
Some great old photos added on the 11th. Hope we can see more like these.

Agreed, I love the old photos. Looks like we have another gold mine of nostalgia to look forward to.

Kevin

I knew from me sister working at the Scott Arms, where he spent a lot of time, that he was a bit of an enthusiast, didn't quite realise how much! Fantastic to see these photos
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

andy41

Quote from: Tony on October 19, 2015, 06:08:26 PM
There will be Andy. I have got the late Bob Cutt's entire negative collection which amounts to several thousand photographs dating back to the early 1970s. I also now have the first batch of negatives from the Ronnie Morgan collection, not just prints I had before

Thanks Tony. It must be very time consuming getting all those onto here and I for one appreciate it immensely. A lot of things in collections like this can be totally forgotten about without access to these sorts of records.  For instance I had completely forgotten that Fox got hold of ex WMPTE Fleetlines. To think that in many cases collections like this get thrown away or discarded, or split up. Great to see them.

PM

More great additions to the main site! Amazing how little Sutton and Cannock have changed in the pictures of 1835/1772 respectively, other areas like West Bromwich you struggle to recognise!

Nice pic of a BCC National at the Outer Circle Bus Rally, only went to that once by complete chance in 2002, remember Yardley Wood took their then "Showbus" Lynx, forgotten the fleetnumber, there was also an ALX400 Trident there iirc plus a good selection of old and new buses. Shame that event went, Cannon Hill Park seems a good location for a local bus rally!

Appreciate as Andy's said the effort you're going to digitalising the negatives and it makes the site very interesting, the mix of old and new!

CL

Better not start a new thread; another 'nostalgic' photo had made me chuckle... The irony of the "low floor" livery on a step entrance bus! :P
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/gonebatches/VolvoCitybuses/101.html
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

S570

@Tony Not sure if you're aware, but there's a link at the top of the page for 93 that links to a full size, downloadable copy of the image.

Tony

Quote from: S570 on October 21, 2015, 09:59:17 PM
@Tony Not sure if you're aware, but there's a link at the top of the page for 93 that links to a full size, downloadable copy of the image.

Cheers, Just getting rid of it.

Midland Fox motley collection added tonight, I was luck enough to get the First Volvo/MCV 36301 on a very brief call in at Sheffield today on my way to pick up 4804

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2015, 10:06:40 PM

Midland Fox motley collection added tonight, I was luck enough to get the First Volvo/MCV 36301 on a very brief call in at Sheffield today on my way to pick up 4804

And what an ugly looking thing that 36301 is too.

BK63 YWP

@Tony do you have any photos of the old birmingham coach company buses, the ones that did the 221 Bearwood to West Bromwich, i think they were leylands back in the 1990s?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Quote from: Chris on October 22, 2015, 09:26:27 PM
@Tony do you have any photos of the old birmingham coach company buses, the ones that did the 221 Bearwood to West Bromwich, i think they were leylands back in the 1990s?

The BCC fleet was made up of majority Leyland Nationals back then

Cheese

Quote from: Tony on October 21, 2015, 10:06:40 PM

Really liking the Midland Fox pictures, particularly the one of SHE553S, have vague recollections of travelling on this batch in Sheffield when I was a kid.  Some rather nice looking Leicester Citybus Dominators and Metropolitans it looked like in the background of some of those shots as well, superb vehicles.

Tony

Quote from: Cheese on October 22, 2015, 09:54:31 PM
Really liking the Midland Fox pictures, particularly the one of SHE553S, have vague recollections of travelling on this batch in Sheffield when I was a kid.  Some rather nice looking Leicester Citybus Dominators and Metropolitans it looked like in the background of some of those shots as well, superb vehicles.

Loads of Midland Red North going on tonight, I have photos of all those Leicester vehicles to add at some point as well

Cheese

Quote from: Tony on October 22, 2015, 09:56:42 PM
Loads of Midland Red North going on tonight, I have photos of all those Leicester vehicles to add at some point as well

Looking forward to seeing those, many thanks for posting these, a really good collection of photos!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk