News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Manchester Metrolink

Started by Tony, June 16, 2015, 08:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

It still seems strange when stood on a high 'railway like' platform to see trams being driven this cl;osely behind each other
http://wmbusphotos.com/Trains/Manchester/3059.html

danny

Got too admire Manchester's transit system... It does make me wonder if Birmingham will ever get the green light for the proposed extensions and whether they will come to fruition, and by that I mean more than one route being taken slowly across the city centre, then maybe we will see simular scenes in corporation street again one day... Good picture btw @Tony as always.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

windy miller

Quote from: danny on June 16, 2015, 08:36:49 PM
Got too admire Manchester's transit system... It does make me wonder if Birmingham will ever get the green light for the proposed extensions and whether they will come to fruition, and by that I mean more than one route being taken slowly across the city centre, then maybe we will see simular scenes in corporation street again one day... Good picture btw @Tony as always.

This photo (and a few previous shots) were taken at Cornbrook which is a primary junction on the Metro system for services to/from Eccles,Didsbury, Media city,Altrincham,and the recent extension to Manchester Airport. so a build up is no surprise. I travelled on the system earlier in the year and I have to say their new build and general inner city regeneration is substantially better than anything we can offer in Birmingham. The development to the east of Piccadilly is particularly impressive and the existing tram system will likely be extended significantly in the not too distant future. under phase 4 &5  Our 'Second city' image may soon be under threat... :o
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

winston

windy miller

The latest new tram on the system is 3106 and was seen stabled at Queens road depot on Saturday (8th Nov) along with trams 3104 and 3105. 

windy miller

...and trams 3107 and 3108 have been delivered to queens road in recent weeks.

the latest tram is in fact the last on the current order (3120) delivered in October

winston

winston

Not seen reported, it seems NX missed out on the 10 year contract to operate the Manchester Metrolink to the Keolis/Amey joint venture
http://www.fmj.co.uk/keolisamey-jv-secures-greater-manchesters-metrolink-contract/

DJ

There's been a stabbing at Victoria, no trams through there from Bury, Rochdale or Oldham according to a friend up there. Looks like the buses will be busy tonight.

https://news.sky.com/story/police-officer-among-three-stabbed-in-manchester-city-centre-11595853

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk