News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horsencart

As I understand it there will be a Tram Platform?  on the new bridge  that goes over Great Charles Street, this will mean that the tram will stop at the platform the traveling public can then walk up the grass verge and get into town that way, the other way will be by mean of a bridge that will be built of the former tram track, and they can the use the platform the exit the station that way, how long this bridge will be in position I do not know if it will be a temp bridge or not ?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: D10 on October 11, 2015, 11:17:50 AM
I was at a rail users forum earlier this year and the Centro Manager attending couldn't confirm say that platform 4 would actually be reinstated for use by trains, just that it would be handed back to Network Rail!

I said that I had thought that the Metro City Centre extension plan had specifically included in it that the cost of the works to reinstate platform 4 for trains, but got a response that no it didn't  >:(

Network rail said as far back as 2009 that Platform 4 will be returned to rail use as Snow Hill is nearly reaching capacity.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

wembley86

Quote from: horsencart on October 12, 2015, 05:40:26 PM
As I understand it there will be a Tram Platform?  on the new bridge  that goes over Great Charles Street, this will mean that the tram will stop at the platform the traveling public can then walk up the grass verge and get into town that way, the other way will be by mean of a bridge that will be built of the former tram track, and they can the use the platform the exit the station that way, how long this bridge will be in position I do not know if it will be a temp bridge or not ?
perm stop, there will steps down so you can go to liverly st entrance for snow hill

CL

Silly question; is the Child Day Return (standard or off-peak) valid until the last metro of the night? (Or at least after 2200) - also, when would be considered 'Off-Peak'? 1500-1800?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Solo1

Child Fares: available to 5-15 year olds, children under 5 years old are carried free. Child fares cannot be purchased on the Metro after 2200.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Solo1 on November 08, 2015, 10:58:13 AM
Child Fares: available to 5-15 year olds, children under 5 years old are carried free. Child fares cannot be purchased on the Metro after 2200.

Would presume that if you already have a child ticket, it will be valid for travel after 22:00?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Child fares cannot be purchased on NXWM buses after 2200 either, something I recently discovered.

CL

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 08, 2015, 12:56:35 PM
Would presume that if you already have a child ticket, it will be valid for travel after 22:00?
I think that's the answer I was after. Thanks @Stuharris 6360 :) I'm quite familiar about the rules of ticketing on NXWM buses; Not so much on Metro, hence why I included "after 2200" in my query - I know child rate tickets cannot be purchased on buses after 10pm ;) . Thanks @Solo1 and @MW anyway. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Adam 404

Trams will being continuing to Bull Street on the 6th of December 2015!
http://centro.org.uk/about-us/news/2015/midland-metro-services-to-return-to-birmingham-city-centre/
Another Extension appears to be in the pipeline too!
"The route of a further extension through Digbeth has also been chosen, running between the Bull Street/Corporation Street, via Albert Street and on to the forthcoming HS2 high speed rail station at Curzon Street.
From there it would go along New Canal Street and Meriden Street into High Street Deritend, stopping at Digbeth Coach Station and the Custard Factory. It is anticipated the line could be open by 2023."

Stu

Network West Midlands appear to have hinted in a reply to a post made on their Facebook page that the full extension won't be served until early 2016 now:

QuoteNo, it will be St Paul's then to Bull Street. Snow Hill will open with the rest of the line early 2016.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

domino.99

Large delays this afternoon between Handsworth and St Pauls due to a broken down tram.

uniquicity

Tram 26 broke down at Handsworth. It was towed back to depot by tram 21

horsencart

The honour of being the first tram on the streets of Brum goes to tram 29  (but not under its own power  )  http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/news/?p=13171

Stevo

Missed it! Still, I must go on Thursday. Anyone know what time HM the Q will be there?

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on November 16, 2015, 07:31:07 PM
Missed it! Still, I must go on Thursday. Anyone know what time HM the Q will be there?

There should be a tram in Bull Street for most of the day Thursday

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk