News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Plc

Started by winston, March 26, 2015, 08:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Winston on November 03, 2016, 09:38:42 AM
Trading Statement:
http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/ROL/13022407.html

We are in active negotiation with TfWM to introduce a bus alliance on a key West Midlands bus corridor and we expect this to commence in early 2017.

Anyone shed any light on this? It was in the trading statement.

Stu

Quote from: MW on November 03, 2016, 05:45:08 PM
We are in active negotiation with TfWM to introduce a bus alliance on a key West Midlands bus corridor and we expect this to commence in early 2017.

Anyone shed any light on this? It was in the trading statement.

I'd hazard a guess its the 4/4H?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Rotala have this morning announced details of the deal to take on the majority of Arriva's remaining Wednesfield business which also includes 9 vehicles:
http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/alliance-news/detail/1490345606489644800.html

winston

DD12

Sorry if this question has been asked, and answered before (I only occasionally visit this forum, and there are hundreds of posts !) -

- Please could someone confirm my impression that ROTALA is a group of companies that ONLY do bus and coach operation (?), and that ROTALA does not have any other (significant) interests ??

Thanks.

mikestone

Surprised no one has mentioned that Rotala have won a contract for the Bicester Village shuttle. Having just seen a Wessex Solo/Versa at Bicester north on my way to onvestigate further.

winston

Quote from: mikestone on May 03, 2017, 01:12:11 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned that Rotala have won a contract for the Bicester Village shuttle. Having just seen a Wessex Solo/Versa at Bicester north on my way to onvestigate further.

Wessex & Hallmark have been operating various weekend park & ride bus services & coach services respectively since before Xmas. This latest service was introduced from 1st May.

Wessex don't have any Versa's, did you managed to see a registration?

mikestone

I only got a glimpse before, and the only bus I saw on the shuttle was Solo YJ62FPG. I would guess that was older than the last buses Grayline had on it?
There was a Hallmark coach in the coach park liveried for the London shuttle  but the coach park attendant stood in front of it and I wasn't in the mood for a row.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: mikestone on May 03, 2017, 07:39:25 PM
I only got a glimpse before, and the only bus I saw on the shuttle was Solo YJ62FPG. I would guess that was older than the last buses Grayline had on it?
There was a Hallmark coach in the coach park liveried for the London shuttle  but the coach park attendant stood in front of it and I wasn't in the mood for a row.

Yes very slightly older as the last buses used were 13 plate Streetlites which I assume will have gone off lease if they were leased as I don't think Grayline will have any use for them

winston

Quote from: mikestone on May 03, 2017, 07:39:25 PM

The coaches are in a allover black wrap, they include one or both of the 16 plate Scania Irizar's

winston

Rotala have just announced plans for a conditional placing & subscription to raise £3.5 Million, part of which will be used to fund two acquisitions one being Hanson's (Wordsley) Limited and another privately owned bus operator which is at an advanced stage:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/ROL/13311666.html

Westy

Quote from: Winston on July 28, 2017, 12:59:05 PM
Rotala have just announced plans for a conditional placing & subscription to raise £3.5 Million, part of which will be used to fund two acquisitions one being Hanson's (Wordsley) Limited and another privately owned bus operator which is at an advanced stage:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/ROL/13311666.html

Is the other operator local to here or not?

winston

Quote from: Westy on July 28, 2017, 01:33:10 PM
Is the other operator local to here or not?

No idea, it doesn't give any hint of location

@Westy - Tie a lie, the John Gunn statement does say the acquisitions will boost Rotala's presence in the West Midlands & North West. I know Avon Buses are struggling to meet all their commitments at present with numerous service cancellations. I may be barking up the wrong tree though...........

BK63 YWP

Does that include the garage, drivers and vehicles? I'm will be happy if the drivers move
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Quote from: Chris on July 28, 2017, 02:09:56 PM
Does that include the garage, drivers and vehicles? I'm will be happy if the drivers move

I would suspect it excludes the depot, and the business will simply be absorbed in to Tividale as Ludlows or some routes could be operated out of Kidderminster. Which incidentally is started to be cleared of some scrappers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk