News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Jack on January 05, 2018, 05:08:51 PM
Make the 38 a school's/Peaks only service. Waste of time in the day, pretty much the 96 just doing a loop of Castle Vale. It only carries properly at Peaks/school times.

Or just withdraw it, I've been on it several times and the Deckers are wasted on there, it could cope with an E200.
I agree caught 4280 on there today during the day, 4 got on in Castle Vale, for the rest of the journey for the rest of the journey it just picked up passengers who'd have got on the 96 behind, which was empty and could easily have coped with the additional passengers, the highest number of passengers that were onboard at any point was 11, it could have easily coped with a E200.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on January 05, 2018, 05:20:43 PM
I agree caught 4280 on there today during the day, 4 got on in Castle Vale, for the rest of the journey for the rest of the journey it just picked up passengers who'd have got on the 96 behind, which was empty and could easily have coped with the additional passengers, the highest number of passengers that were onboard at any point was 11, it could have easily coped with a E200.

But that's not the point of the decker. It's needed at school time, what do you suddenly do, take the top deck off for a few hours.

Jack

Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2018, 05:40:26 PM
But that's not the point of the decker. It's needed at school time, what do you suddenly do, take the top deck off for a few hours.
Make it a school's only service, during the daytime it's one big waste of time.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2018, 05:40:26 PM

Aren't most west midland services requiring deckers at school time? Look at the X96, 241 used to be B7RLE- 15:35 from Halesowen- and it now fills up an mmc- questioning how it coped to start with?

karl724223

The x96 could quiet easily go decker operation  but there are no spare deckers  so it can't
Anybody got a magic wand maybe borrow one of one of the kids of here

Westy

Just mentioned this on another thread but how about this :

Seeing there's now a Sunday service on Wolves 69, plus I read somewhere that the factories in Leamore Lane, Bloxwich, only had traffic at peak times/ shift changes, how about rerouting the 70 at other times by turning right at Leamore Lane instead of left, sending the route via Somerfield Road(ditching Arriva!) into Bloxwich, then via the 326 route into Dudleys Fields(short walk to Bloxwich station) then onto Mossley, terminating at the Eagle(short walk from Bloxwich North).

For the southern part of Dudleys Fields, reroute the 326 via Heather Road, Frank F then either turn at Poets Corner or Short Heath shops & go into New Invention that way.

For Turnberry Estate, I'd rather put the 1 on there, than the 2, as it would be less confusing, unless Nx would interwork the 301 & 302 through there instead.

karl724223

I still think a merry hill Stourbridge to kiddiminster route needs to be looked at going via svr
Judging by how many ask in merry hill for kiddiminster and how many come by train to cradley heath train station then get on the X10 to merry hill
But what do I know only a driver

Westy

Quote from: karl724223 on January 06, 2018, 06:42:14 PM
I still think a merry hill Stourbridge to kiddiminster route needs to be looked at going via svr
Judging by how many ask in merry hill for kiddiminster and how many come by train to cradley heath train station then get on the X10 to merry hill

Other than looking online, do they have the timetable leaflets for the 2 Stourbridge to Kiddy bus routes in Stourbridge Bus Station for people to pick up?

Might be an idea Simon Dunn of Diamond & whoever answers the Central Buses queries on here!

sonic84

Quote from: karl724223 on January 06, 2018, 06:42:14 PM

I agree with this too. How about combining with the 287 to create a through hourly service to Merry Hill? There is a market there I am sure.

Kevin

Extra peak time shorts on the X51
Seriously you'd fill an entire decker with the volume of passengers from Scott Arms and Tower Hill alone, I think residents around Perry Avenue have given up hope of ever getting on board because there's less and less people waiting there in the morning when we sail past stood in the doorway
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sayeed

I would add 244 early morning journey on Sundays. 05:52 am from Dudley and 07:50 am from QEHB.
Век живи - век учись

Dom

Quote from: Sayeed on February 16, 2018, 11:24:36 PM
I would add 244 early morning journey on Sundays. 05:52 am from Dudley and 07:50 am from QEHB.

Why? Who would use it? Plus the 244 is tendered between Halesowen and the QE on a Sunday, so it would have to be seen as viable even more so by a company.

Sayeed

Quote from: Dom on February 16, 2018, 11:40:17 PM
Why? Who would use it? Plus the 244 is tendered between Halesowen and the QE on a Sunday, so it would have to be seen as viable even more so by a company.

I am sure nurses, nursing assistants, pharmacists, housekeepers, phlebotomists, porters and locals would welcome that idea. Few of them I know uses taxi to get to the shift and they don't wish to do early shift on Sundays.   
Век живи - век учись

Stu

Seriously, please do something with the 17, either split it into two routes, or run more short journeys when major disruptions occur (like when Birmingham City play at home).

I had a nice afternoon out today, which finished with me up at the airport viewing area in Sheldon Country Park. I ended up waiting over 45 minutes for a 17 from The Radleys. I knew what the problem was, as I'd travelled out of city on the 60 to Cranes Park earlier, so had encountered the matchday diversion and the resulting extra traffic congestion.

I've made a case previously for the 17 and now have first-hand experience of the frustrations passengers at the outer end of this route face when service gets disrupted because of congestion, diversions and delays at the opposite end of the route. If the route has to stay as it is, then the controllers should be adjusting more journeys to run short between Yardley and Tile Cross, to at least keep the service moving at that end of the route, and prevent all the buses getting stuck around Small Heath.

A gentleman who joined me at the same bus stop while I was waiting informed me that the other evening when Blues were playing at home, he waited nearly an hour and half for the 17.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: Stu on February 17, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Seriously, please do something with the 17, either split it into two routes, or run more short journeys when major disruptions occur (like when Birmingham City play at home).

I had a nice afternoon out today, which finished with me up at the airport viewing area in Sheldon Country Park. I ended up waiting over 45 minutes for a 17 from The Radleys. I knew what the problem was, as I'd travelled out of city on the 60 to Cranes Park earlier, so had encountered the matchday diversion and the resulting extra traffic congestion.

I've made a case previously for the 17 and now have first-hand experience of the frustrations passengers at the outer end of this route face when service gets disrupted because of congestion, diversions and delays at the opposite end of the route. If the route has to stay as it is, then the controllers should be adjusting more journeys to run short between Yardley and Tile Cross, to at least keep the service moving at that end of the route, and prevent all the buses getting stuck around Small Heath.

A gentleman who joined me at the same bus stop while I was waiting informed me that the other evening when Blues were playing at home, he waited nearly an hour and half for the 17.
The route is late a lot whether Birmingham are playing or not. It's the tight roads it serves in Small Heath delay it a lot too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk