News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Quote from: clayderman on November 16, 2014, 02:51:07 PM
Quote from: Ashley on November 16, 2014, 12:11:19 PM
E200's are probably the warmest buses I get in the mornings. Most Tridents and B7TL's are just iceboxes and it hasn't snowed yet lol

On the flipside E400's and E400H's are nice and cool in the summer , well upstairs they are

Which E200s are these then? I got on one of the first batch ones, 804, I think it was on the 24. Good grief, it was almost like Antarctica in those things.

The West Brom LWB E200's

Liberator9

Well, my aim of getting on each of YW's ex WA Scanias is on the way there: had three of them out of three possible trips - only problem is that two were ones from before

1896 - same as before - very smart inside and outside. Same more than normal rattling - engine vibration less this time though 8/10

1898 -  first time on this one - nice bus - few rattles and engine is good - suspension is a bit odd - rides well, but juddered a bit at times at the rear after going through a few of the bumps - springs? Not severely, just lightly - felt it occasionally on a Omnilink last year.

1899 - Improvement from last time - vibration at idle much less than last time, and was a lively affair on the 27. The suspension was felt firmer and much better as well - although still not as good as the AG/YW original deliveries.

Then Presidents - 4046, 4074 and 4106 - these buses are outstanding for their age - all went along well, smartly turned out and minimal rattling from them. Like how 4046 was refurbished with NX dot seats, and the vivid red paint given to it as well.

Niall

Caught 4191 on the 141 this evening and thought it was worth a mention, it's a bit of an oddball.

The interior isn't in good shape - it looks a bit of a mess really. Half the seats are still wearing the original trim, looking more grey than blue now. The other half are also in TWM trim, but they are still bright and aren't faded, i'd imagine they were replaced when it was painted, although that said they still don't look particularly clean or inviting. On the other hand this one seems very sturdy - none of the usual rattles and shakes from handrails and the staircase surround panels (upstairs, at least).

What I find most intriguing about this bus is the noise it makes when pulling off. It sounds more like the T69 trams than a bus (if you ignore the sound of the engine).
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

1756 on the 4 service makes a pleasant change from the scanias soon as I boarded you notice straight away how much more roomy these buses feel. The orignal blue trim with grey seat covers did look very odd on this vehicle, very pleasant ride on this very minimal rattling from front  cab area, engine/gearbox sounds good on these not strangled like euro5 versions. Company should have bought a lot more of these volvos than the scanias IMO. Very solid products indeed built to last.
To those that know do these mark one b7rle,s share the same chassis as the later ones.

Liberator9

Quote from: 2900 on November 23, 2014, 11:00:42 AM
1756 on the 4 service makes a pleasant change from the scanias soon as I boarded you notice straight away how much more roomy these buses feel. The orignal blue trim with grey seat covers did look very odd on this vehicle, very pleasant ride on this very minimal rattling from front  cab area, engine/gearbox sounds good on these not strangled like euro5 versions. Company should have bought a lot more of these volvos than the scanias IMO. Very solid products indeed built to last.
To those that know do these mark one b7rle,s share the same chassis as the later ones.

They are the same chassis as the later 2011/2012 versions - B7RLEs. I fully agree - NX/TWM should have bought more on them - they are solid buses - used to have them on the 37 and they were excellent buses then. Shame when they left for WA. Ridden a few up at WA this year and they haven't changed a bit - still rattle very little and ride well, although it is odd with the grey trim on blue seatbacks.

Stu

I'm with Liberator9 on this one, used to enjoy these on the 37 when they were at AG. Nice and spacious, with plenty of grab-rails for standing passengers, which the later Eclipse 2s seem to be lacking.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stu on November 23, 2014, 11:31:54 AM
I'm with Liberator9 on this one, used to enjoy these on the 37 when they were at AG. Nice and spacious, with plenty of grab-rails for standing passengers, which the later Eclipse 2s seem to be lacking.
Good times back then!

Sh4318

4489 - Geminis are quite easily the best buses in the fleet. They're really comfortable, with plenty of legroom for passengers, they're nippy, the average passenger wouldn't be able to tell that the PB Geminis are 11 years old, very little rattle, clean, fresh interior, the only thing I'd say is, with most ZF engines, they have a tendency to throw you about a bit when accelerating, stopping and starting, and I feel like the engine is missing something, they don't have that godly whine that the 46** Geminis do. Still solid buses, can't think of any buses that NX have that are better. 9/10
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

trident4370

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 25, 2014, 10:16:14 PM
4489 - Geminis are quite easily the best buses in the fleet. They're really comfortable, with plenty of legroom for passengers, they're nippy, the average passenger wouldn't be able to tell that the PB Geminis are 11 years old, very little rattle, clean, fresh interior, the only thing I'd say is, with most ZF engines, they have a tendency to throw you about a bit when accelerating, stopping and starting, and I feel like the engine is missing something, they don't have that godly whine that the 46** Geminis do. Still solid buses, can't think of any buses that NX have that are better. 9/10

It also has a whiny gearbox, give it a few years and it'll be the new 4089 :P

1667 caught this merc the other day to West Bromwich first thing I noticed as it pulled up how tidy and presentable the exterior bodywork is, must be one the best out there. Interior seats covered in dark blue TWM spec moquette  looks  good IMO, while sat at the rear I noticed how good condition the plastics are in most are battered. The ride was smooth and comfortable not much in the way of rattling. I think this one should survive for while, having said that It,ll self combust now.

Liverpool Street

BC 4318 - Absolute sack of crap. When I caught it was of Sunday evening, bus is slow (only felt like about 25 down Bristol Road), stinks of urine and all round unpleasant journey. 3/10 Overall.

I asked the driver weather he was early and driving slow, but he said he was flat out all route, just a crap bus haha.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Sh4318

4522. Don't see this one very often, and it's a good thing, cooling fan is on literally all the time, Geminis would be a solid 10/10 for me if their cooling fans weren't so loud. 3/10.

4526, in comparison, a much better bus, smooth, quiet and comfortable, just needs a refurb. 9/10
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ronnoc

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 01, 2014, 05:46:02 PM
4522. Don't see this one very often, and it's a good thing, cooling fan is on literally all the time, Geminis would be a solid 10/10 for me if their cooling fans weren't so loud. 3/10.

4526, in comparison, a much better bus, smooth, quiet and comfortable, just needs a refurb. 9/10
I love the hoover noises, but in videos they don't sound nice.

Liberator9

4340 - Nice Trident - best suspension on a Trident I've had for a while, and engine/gearbox smooth. Bit rattly at times, and the heaters on the upper deck useless, as usual on Tridents. Sadly the unique engine sound it was making has now been eliminated.  8/10

4651 - Suspension superb - engine and gearbox relatively smooth, and a fast Gemini. Very few rattles; just some minor rattling at the rear of the lower deck. Interior needs refurbishing now badly - the trim is worn out. Most of AG's need doing - they would be even better if the interiors were of a higher quality. 8.5/10

1930 - Warm, few rattles and suspension excellent. Smart internally and externally - just what you want on a cold evening in December - 10/10

Trident 4194

4353 - good trident, not many rattles, smooth, a good noice, the interior is in grey moquette, looks brand new. One of pe best tridents. 9/10

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk