News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derningtona

PD1021409 SN (10 Nov Notices and Proceedings)
CEN GROUP LTD Director(s): STEPHEN DAVID CROSS, GEOFFREY ADAM CROSS
UNIT 14A, TAMEBRIDGE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ALDRIDGE ROAD, PERRY BARR, BIRMINGHAM, B42 2TX Increase at existing operating centre: 78 MILL STREET, KIDDERMINSTER, DY11 6XJ New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 5 vehicle(s) New operating centre: COMMON BARN FARM, TAMWORTH ROAD, LICHFIELD, WS14 9PX New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 12 vehicle(s)
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

Kevin

That might explain then, officially transferring routes to a Tamworth base
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Solo1

Looking for the hired Nottingham decker if its about

Kevin

Quote from: Solo1 on November 25, 2017, 09:44:00 AM

Doubt it's out today, usually see it on schools during the week

Busman Jamie

The NCT decker was on X11 this morning

Kevin

Mention on facebook that they'll be running hourly on the 35 direct Walsall - Lichfield. Competition or taking over?

Solo1

info copied from facebook

We will be introducing the following new services in the West Midlands & Staffordshire areas in January 2018

Commencing 2nd January 2018
Service 82 : Tamworth - Clifton Campville - New service operated on behalf of Staffordshire County Council replacing Solus Coaches. There will be no change to the existing route or timetable

Commencing 7th January 2018
Service 15 : Tamworth - Hurley via Wilnecote & Hockley - New hourly service operating Monday to Saturday which will offer a fast direct link from Hurley, Wood End and Hockley to Tamworth Town Centre. The service will also reinstate a bus service operate along Watling Street and Tamworth Road

Service 35 : Lichfield - Walsall via Shire Oak - New service to compliment our current 35B service, offering fast journeys between Lichfield and Walsall via Shire Oak. These services will operate hourly Monday to Saturday with additional buses also operating during the daytime

Route & Timetable information will be available on our website shortly aswell as local tourist information offices

Westy

I assume their 35 will run the same route as the Arriva 35?

Kevin2017

Central Buses has had a Scania Omnidecker onloan from Nottigham Transport for some time now.

winston

Quote from: Westy on November 29, 2017, 05:27:07 PM
I assume their 35 will run the same route as the Arriva 35?

Only for a couple of weeks before Arriva withdrawn their route 35:

PD0000478/344 Cancelled
ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD
Route: Walsall Bus Station to Lichfield Bus Station
Service number: 35 (35A, X35)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 03 Feb 2018

Westy

Arriva seem to have a problem with certain routes in my opinion.

Quote from: Solo1 on November 25, 2017, 09:44:00 AM
It was parked up on South Parade in Sutton Coldfield at 13:00 this afternoon and was still there later on when I came back at about 14:10, it appeared to spend the afternoon parked up there today for some reason,
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

fleetline6477

Quote from: 2206 on December 21, 2017, 06:37:03 PM
It was parked up on South Parade in Sutton Coldfield at 13:00 this afternoon and was still there later on when I came back at about 14:10, it appeared to spend the afternoon parked up there today for some reason,

Presumably a relief vehicle providing a driver to cover breaks.

Does anyone know if NWM passes and tickets are valid on routes like the 70/X70 and 75 in Coleshill and Water Orton (As they leave the West Midlands and then enter it again) and if not where the border is?
Also does anyone know what tickets are valid on the X11 and NX A52? Are there special fares?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin2017

Quote from: fleetline6477 on December 21, 2017, 07:06:08 PM
Presumably a relief vehicle providing a driver to cover breaks.

Today was last day off that bus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk