News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Central Buses currently have a new Optare Versa en route for the fleet. Two others are also being temporary stored at their Perry Barr Garage.

Michael Bevan

YJ57 XWD, XWG and XWF are the Versa's that have arrived. I'm told Central Buses are only keeping one. However I'm not sure which one.

Lukeee

Quote from: James4368 on June 07, 2017, 11:58:13 AM
YX64VLZ is out on the S1

Also spotted on the 108 this evening (3rd departure), judging by the timetable I think this bus would also do the first evening 108 run

Michael Bevan

Central Buses have kept Versa YJ57 XWG to become part of the fleet. The other two Versa's (XWD and XWF) that were being temporarily stored in the yard has now moved to Centrebus in Leicester.

James4368

SK15GYA is out on the S1
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Adam 404

PD1021409/74 Registered
CEN GROUP LIMITED
Route: Tamworth to Kingsbury School via Kingsbury
Service number: 16 (16S, X16)
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 31 Jul 2017

PD1021409/94 Cancelled
CEN GROUP LIMITED
Route: Bridgnorth Sainsbury's to Bridgnorth Sainsbury's via The Grove Estate
Service number: 101
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 31 Jul 2017

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Dutsey

How are the Central Services in Tamworth doing?

derningtona

Quote from: Dutsey on June 19, 2017, 04:18:30 PM
How are the Central Services in Tamworth doing?

From what I can see they seem to be doggedly and efficiently getting on with the job.
No one is giving in on the Lichfield competition although my wife was on the Central the other week and the driver evidently stopped and gave a short speech to his passengers against something or other that Arriva had done.
They have cornered the Kingsbury market.
Surely no one can be making anything on the 4 at the moment as it has too many buses.
Their 3B seems to catch many of the passengers from what I have seen recently while taking photos of the varied buses that Arriva put on (or not) .
Having been brought up in the North East in an era of very strict regulation, I don't like to see predatory competition but Central seem to run on time, have decent buses and look the part.
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

Michael Bevan

Central Buses Optare Solo YJ59 PKC is currently VOR due to major accident damage incurred following the incident in West Bromwich yesterday. They will be getting Enviro 200 YX11 CTZ on hire temporarily to replace it. This should be arriving tomorrow. Credit to Central Buses for the information.

Solo1

The envrio is ex D&G  bus

Stuharris 6360

How is the 142 service going with Central Buses?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 23, 2017, 09:10:29 PM
How is the 142 service going with Central Buses?

Constantly early from what i see. Loadings very hit and miss. Only concessionary pass holders use it i think

Central Buses

If you can provide us with details supporting early operation of service, we will investigate this.

Kevin

Quote from: Central Buses on June 24, 2017, 09:31:00 AM
If you can provide us with details supporting early operation of service, we will investigate this.

He just knows
Same way he just knows about every single NX 9 journey
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk