News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hagley Road First Sprint Network.

Started by monkeyjoe, July 31, 2014, 11:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Quote from: Winston on September 14, 2014, 08:34:33 PM
Quote from: arrifirststage on September 14, 2014, 07:54:30 PM
Most of the above is yet further proof........don't let PR crackpots loose with anything.
If I wanted to go (to use a previous example) from Acocks Green to Oldbury then my own car will inevitably be easier than any bus alternative with or without changes.
By all means improve routes along Hagley Road,or any other road,by improving the road network,not by blocking the existing space with ever larger buses.
If these monsters do not work in a small place like York,they sure as he'll will be even worse in larger cities.

Exactly! Centro will be a decade behind First Groups FTR project by the time Sprint is finally launched, have Centro not observed the massive flop that is FTR??? First Group are now stuck with these £300k machines and don't really know what to do with them......
sell them to centro

winston

Quote from: karl724223 on September 14, 2014, 08:38:44 PM
Most of the above is yet further proof........don't let PR crackpots loose with anything.
If I wanted to go (to use a previous example) from Acocks Green to Oldbury then my own car will inevitably be easier than any bus alternative with or without changes.
By all means improve routes along Hagley Road,or any other road,by improving the road network,not by blocking the existing space with ever larger buses.
If these monsters do not work in a small place like York,they sure as he'll will be even worse in larger cities.

Exactly! Centro will be a decade behind First Groups FTR project by the time Sprint is finally launched, have Centro not observed the massive flop that is FTR??? First Group are now stuck with these £300k machines and don't really know what to do with them......
sell them to centro

Knowing how on the ball Centro are, they'd probably give First Group more than they we worth  ;)

Bob

Just imagine if bus services in the WM were still publicly owned and hadnt been sold off...thered be no probs with integration/compensating companies/travelcards vs n bus etc....simple straightforward etc

winston

Quote from: Bob on September 14, 2014, 09:04:28 PM
Just imagine if bus services in the WM were still publicly owned and hadnt been sold off...thered be no probs with integration/compensating companies/travelcards vs n bus etc....simple straightforward etc

I can't really remember how bus services & fares compared operated under WMPTE.  Fleet investment was pretty high & the fleet modern as they'd bought 910 Metrobuses (2001-2910) between 1979-1986 D-day

Bob

Yea. And it was run as a public service.  Private profit wasnt the main aim. Part of their remit was to integrate public transport in the wm

tank90

FTR flopped due to the size of the truses which would be why the bigger ones work in the rest of Europe.

Also to say the Bendi didn't work in London isn't fair either. Boris just took the view of a few to make his point and give himself some cred to get the top Torie job if DC fecks up.

Sprint will have a higher chance of working with the 24 metre Trus than an 18 metre.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Stuharris 6360

Any news on SPRINT< I thought it was supposed to be up and running this year?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 29, 2015, 09:57:11 PM
Any news on SPRINT< I thought it was supposed to be up and running this year?
Not quite. See here: https://www.centro.org.uk/transport/sprint/funding-and-timescales/

The earliest we can expect to see it is 2016/2017 - of course, there has been the Paradise Circus works going on this year also, so :\ ...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: clayderman on November 29, 2015, 10:01:52 PM
Not quite. See here: https://www.centro.org.uk/transport/sprint/funding-and-timescales/

The earliest we can expect to see it is 2016/2017 - of course, there has been the Paradise Circus works going on this year also, so :\ ...

Well according to the article it will take 18 months to build, so that is 2016 out of the window.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

wembley86

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 29, 2015, 10:06:26 PM
Well according to the article it will take 18 months to build, so that is 2016 out of the window.
what a joke,  i thought it would have been a dedicated bus lane or are they waiting for metro works to be done on Broad St/Paradise Circus before doing the bus lnae

karl724223

With all the investment on the Hagley road
9 Crimson
126 platinum
X10 to become platinum
120 new electric buses 2017
Would the sprint idea be viable now

Stu

Quote from: karl724223 on September 17, 2016, 05:50:20 PM
With all the investment on the Hagley road
9 Crimson
126 platinum
X10 to become platinum
120 new electric buses 2017
Would the sprint idea be viable now

Yes, because there will still be buses along the Hagley Road, but perhaps some of these newer ones would be displaced elsewhere.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Quote from: Stu on September 17, 2016, 05:57:33 PM
Yes, because there will still be buses along the Hagley Road, but perhaps some of these newer ones would be displaced elsewhere.
but what if nx didn't win the tender ?

Stu

Quote from: karl724223 on September 17, 2016, 06:09:15 PM
but what if nx didn't win the tender ?

It's probably highly unlikely that anyone else would operate it, but if that became the case, then yes, NX would probably go all out to compete against it!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on September 17, 2016, 07:42:05 PM
It's probably highly unlikely that anyone else would operate it, but if that became the case, then yes, NX would probably go all out to compete against it!
But with the new TfWM coming in, then it'll be an integrated transport network, so there will be no competition. If the Sprint route from City to Quinton goes ahead, then I would expect the 9 to be reduced (it's already reduced to Saturdays to every 10 mins)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk