News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For all those enthusiast ,s out there who appreicate a quality bus ride if driven properly look out for 4504 , from drivers point of view seriously good bus to drive hardly rattles around cab area.

Liverpool Street

Will keep an eyeball out for it. Cheers bud
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Quote from: 2900 on July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM
For all those enthusiast ,s out there who appreicate a quality bus ride if driven properly look out for 4504 , from drivers point of view seriously good bus to drive hardly rattles around cab area.

Cheers for that :) Will bear that in mind when i next see it.

4518 one of the dogs in the batch , it's like driving a hair dryer with that hydraulic cooling fan constantly on the go. Seriously annoying after 5 hours , couldn't get out of the cab fast enough for me break.  Must have been awfull from a passenger point view sat at the back.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2900 on July 15, 2014, 11:55:08 PM
4518 one of the dogs in the batch , it's like driving a hair dryer with that hydraulic cooling fan constantly on the go. Seriously annoying after 5 hours , couldn't get out of the cab fast enough for me break.  Must have been awfull from a passenger point view sat at the back.

4518, 4534 and often 4504 constantly have their cooling fans on in my experience :(. That's probably the only thing really disappoints me about the Geminis, 4512 and 4526, however, are great, are two of my favourite Geminis. Any plans to fix 4518's cooling fan? Surely there are
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

I do report the buses with noisey fans , sometimes it's does feel like your comments are largely ignored , I guess it,ll be fixed when other work needs doing . The day I drove 4504 wasn't a hot day had plenty of running of time so no need to push it just cruising gently along probably why I didn't here the fan come on.

Sayeed

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 16, 2014, 12:56:03 AM

4518, 4534 and often 4504 constantly have their cooling fans on in my experience :(. That's probably the only thing really disappoints me about the Geminis, 4512 and 4526, however, are great, are two of my favourite Geminis. Any plans to fix 4518's cooling fan? Surely there are

4705 too
Век живи - век учись

4635 general comments , on a smooth road all is good, different story on the rough surface saloon doors platform ramp rattles not good,  pretty quick , during deceleration zf box howls not overly so, sounds good to me ,cooling fans do come on but it's not screaming, retarder bit on the pronounced side for my liking, grimy  interior not helped with all manner of food stuffs on the floor and of course the obligoratry chicken bones,  got potential to be an excellent bus this one.  6/10

General comments on this vehicle type. Start with 4227 recent refurb externally looks good, interior grimy with new seat cushions , the cab platform area what a joke it all moves on rough roads so not pleasant. Press the accelerator there's a massive delay before the wheels turn you could probably make a cup of tea in that delay. Did experience jolting from the gearbox it does seem to happen more with voith gearboxes than zf,s , engine was smooth enough only good thing I think. 4/10

Kevin

Not a fan, but living and working in PB territory I have to put up with them. Can be kinda sluggish but maybe that's just down to the drivers
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Some move like slugs,  I hated 4278 at Hockley so infuriating to drive . I will post comments on each one I come across should have joined this forum years ago , it's good to vent my thoughts on vehicles.

Sh4318

I've always had a soft spot for the ALXs, but that's probably because I'm so used to them. While they're decent buses, they're not the best buses around
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

B.C Driver

Hated them at BC, was so glad to see the back of them after almost 10 years.

Very slow pulling away, dangerously so at major islands like Five Ways etc.

As for the comment about it being down to drivers, I dont think Lewis Hamilton could make one move any quicker.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on July 19, 2014, 02:21:36 PM

As for the comment about it being down to drivers, I dont think Lewis Hamilton could make one move any quicker.

I liked them. Very smooth. 4242 and 4247 from BC I recall as when I drove them were the better ones.

B'ham Central Driver, I can't remember if 4300/4301 etc was any good from Dundee, maybe you could share some light on it.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

B.C Driver

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 19, 2014, 02:32:07 PM
Quote from: Bham Central Driver on July 19, 2014, 02:21:36 PM

I liked them. Very smooth. 4242 and 4247 from BC I recall as when I drove them were the better ones.

B'ham Central Driver, I can't remember if 4300/4301 etc was any good from Dundee, maybe you could share some light on it.

The Dundee ones were just as bad if not worse. 4242 and 4247 were just as bad as the others. As 2900 said, there was a delay between pressing the gas pedal and the bus moving, infuriating when you're running late.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk