News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivadays

Quote from: Ashley on April 06, 2014, 07:44:42 PM
they're more up to the job than the Versa's which are the worst bus ever.

You think the Versas were bad on the 481, try the 55-plate Darts that were replaced by them. In idle, you would have thought there was an earthquake, with how severely they shook (the seats with no-one on them would be bouncing violently!)
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Those darts were worked hard on the 825 before going on to the 481. They werent ever really up to heavy interurban work even when new

arrivadays

I know - the same TINY four-pot engine you get with the MPDs, and these are almost as big as the SPDs (that's almost 11 metres)! If you ask me, I'd say "Why waste the money on these when you can just have the SPDs?"

Maybe if they offered a more powerful engine (and possibly a Voith gearbox, like some SPDs), then I'd consider buying them. But, as they are now, then no. Waste if you ask me.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

arrivadays

Has anybody seen 2239/41, and is 2722 actually coming to Telford?

staffsdave

Been told there's 3/4 MPDs parked round the back of the yard oos. Sorry got no more info as yet

staffsdave

There's 3 MPDs at the depot which have been oos for quite sometime: 2135/2241/2248

Bob

Oh christ I hope theyre not coming to cannock!

arrivadays

2135's bad, but 2241 and 2248 are actually pretty good. 2248 has paper in the back destination box. :/

arrivadays

Y348UON has now been fitted with LEDs, as has Y366UON. Does anybody have an idea where Y362UON is?

Bob

There was rumour that cannocks 4 cadets bu03 hrd/e/j/k were going back to telford. Hre/j apparently had to be re trimmed due to the interiors being bad enough to fail an mot. Hrk is in a dreadful state inside absolutely revolting its easy the worst bus internally at cannock.  Any one know if theyre still eventually going back to telford?

tphi12000

Quote from: arrivadays on April 16, 2014, 08:22:36 AM
Y348UON has now been fitted with LEDs, as has Y366UON. Does anybody have an idea where Y362UON is?
2722 Y362UON was still in service at Shrewsbury last week.
Tony

arrivadays

I think HRD/E/J/K were at Stafford - not Telford (when they were RuraLine - Stafford operated it before Telford did).

On another note, 2718 was sent back to the depot (possibly with electrical problems, replaced by 2739), and then I came back on 2639 and that was having some bad gearbox problems. I think that will soon be at the end of its life.

arrivaaston

Apparently 2135/2241/47 are working from stafford and 2722 has now joined the sisters at Telford.....??

tphi12000

Quote from: arrivaaston on April 16, 2014, 04:39:42 PM
Apparently 2135/2241/47 are working from stafford and 2722 has now joined the sisters at Telford.....??
2135 2241 out of service  as reported above and 2247 is reported as Telford today in unusual workings thread
Tony

Bob

The B6s are being withdrawn at a fast rate now arent they? Its mad to think that originally loads of them were destined for wednesfield but were diverted to Stafford who were having 'major reliability problems' at the time.  Lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk