News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

More good news for the operators of seven routes in London today.

Arriva London has held the 150 and 175, which ensures the future of their Barking Garage until at least 2027. Both will gain Hybrid buses when their contracts start in October. 

Also to start in October are the new contracts for Uxbridge routes U1/2/3, which are to gain new electric buses in time. The U3 gets double deckers and the other two single deckers,and incidentally the U4, recently retendered and held by Metroline,all start on October 26.

Finally London United have retained the 406 and 418, which is run from Tolworth. Their next contracts start in June.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

markcf83

If it's a Monday, then it clearly must be tender news update time. 

Five busy, Inner London routes have had their futures secured today. 

At Metroline, routes 6 and 98 have been retained. The 6 keeps its current Volvo hybrids while the 98 is to get electric buses. The N98 however will use hybrids. The latest contracts start in December. 

At Go Ahead London,they have retained the 188,355 and 360-all to get new electric buses. In the case of the 360,they will replace the old Red Arrow buses that have been on the route for a few years now. The other two will also get new electric buses too, which involves yet more charging points to be fitted at Camberwell. The contract for the 188 starts in November,the other two in December.

markcf83

Another Monday, another series of route tender results.

All of the routes announced today were retained by their current operators which allows for a bit of continuity.

Metroline have retained route 4 and will be running new electric buses. 

Go Ahead London have retained routes 22,88 and 176. The first two,both of which have Night services too,are to gain new electric buses too. The 176 keeps its current buses.

London United have retained routes 117,281 and 419. All will retain their current buses which includes the relatively recent electric buses on the 281.

All are due to commence their latest contracts in stages throughout the second half of the year with the 281 being first among them in July. The rest of them are to begin theirs in the autumn and into December.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on March 25, 2024, 12:20:31 PMAnother Monday, another series of route tender results.

All of the routes announced today were retained by their current operators which allows for a bit of continuity.

Metroline have retained route 4 and will be running new electric buses.

Go Ahead London have retained routes 22,88 and 176. The first two,both of which have Night services too,are to gain new electric buses too. The 176 keeps its current buses.

London United have retained routes 117,281 and 419. All will retain their current buses which includes the relatively recent electric buses on the 281.

All are due to commence their latest contracts in stages throughout the second half of the year with the 281 being first among them in July. The rest of them are to begin theirs in the autumn and into December.
It will be interesting to see what London General orders for the 22 & 88 as apparently the current London General order is the last one Alexander Dennis are going to build on BYD chassis.

markcf83

Quote from: Tony on March 25, 2024, 12:24:15 PMIt will be interesting to see what London General orders for the 22 & 88 as apparently the current London General order is the last one Alexander Dennis are going to build on BYD chassis.
I know they've been using a Wright electric decker as a demo. I've seen it in Camberwell. Plus they've got another demo at Sutton too. 

Mayfield

Noted today on the M6 north around 15.30 was a NBFL with severe floor to roof frontal damage, it is in yellow overall advertising livery.

Mayfield

Forgot to mention but you probably realised it was on suspended tow

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on March 26, 2024, 09:08:05 PMNoted today on the M6 north around 15.30 was a NBFL with severe floor to roof frontal damage, it is in yellow overall advertising livery.
https://metro.co.uk/2024/03/05/london-bus-crashes-building-tottenham-court-road-20402272/

markcf83

Routes 341,H37 and SL3 have been given new contracts today with their current operators. The 341 and SL3 will in time gain new electric buses while the H37 will keep their existing diesel Enviros. All contracts for these start later this year or early next year.

markcf83

London United have retained routes 33,71 and 371 this morning. The 33,plus the N33,will receive new electric buses and the contract starts in November. Routes 71 and 371 will retain their current buses, with the reminder that the 371 already has electric buses on it. Their contracts start in July. 

markcf83

London United have retained route H22, which was among the first to operate Dennis Darts when they were launched in 1990. They've retained it for three years with the contract due to start on March 1st next year. A schoolbus route,the 697,was lost to Metroline from London United and will be run using hybrid buses.

markcf83

Go Ahead London were the big winners of today's latest contract news in London.

However I start with London United and their retention of the 65 and N65 at Fulwell. The current buses will continue on both routes, with the N65 continuing to be run with hybrids.

Arriva London is the big loser in South East London with their losing the 99,269 and 401 to Go Ahead London. All used to be run from Bexleyheath but as of yet it's not known who'll be running them. I have subsequently learned there are plans for a new garage in the area around Slade Green being rumoured which will service some BX routes.

There was a bit of good news for Arriva London however as they've held the 141 and W4. The latter will keep it's current buses however the 141 will get new electric buses.

The contract for the 65 and N65 begins in July,the rest in early January next year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk