News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Hello, everyone.

Here is the thread for bus accidents/incidents. It would be better to post in here rather than posting in the respected garages or making new topics. It can be a fire incident or a crash, etc.

So, I will start with one.

Here is a bus incident with a shooting.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-bus-door-shot-at-7270255

trident4370

Blimey It's all go for YW this week, one bus is burnt to a crisp and another is shot...

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

JoNi

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

trident4370

Going by the titles of the reports, one is a coach and one is a bus :P

Stuharris 6360

Interesting, a year apart, but it seems a very similar fire  ::) ::)

Surely it wouldn't take long for the LFB to get there, yet the bus is totally in flames? mmm  ::) ::)

Cheese

the trainbasher

Personally I think all of these recent fires have been due to the current heat spell we're having! :-)

(Forgot to add smiley!)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 22, 2014, 03:38:18 PM
Personally I think all of these recent fires have been due to the current heat spell we're having!

Good job buses don't operate in hot countries isn't it?

andy

Personally I think all of these recent fires have been due to the current heat spell we're having!

Except of course any Arriva fire victims. They would naturally be down to poor maintenance while everybody else's would be pure flooks.

Strangely enough, I can't recall their last one? I'm sure somebody will fill us in though.

Tony

Quote from: andy on June 22, 2014, 06:23:21 PM

Except of course any Arriva fire victims. They would naturally be down to poor maintenance while everybody else's would be pure flooks.

Strangely enough, I can't recall their last one? I'm sure somebody will fill us in though.

Arriva Northeast have lost an Enviro 400 and one of those Temsa things, but that serves them right for buying those.

lauren1993

No, if that was the case there would be no buses left in hot countries! Obviously the buses haven't been prepared properly for the hot weather!
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Liverpool Street

Quote from: lauren1993 on June 23, 2014, 12:05:47 AM

No, if that was the case there would be no buses left in hot countries! Obviously the buses haven't been prepared properly for the hot weather!

That's total bollocks. They leave the garage every morning with a full tank of Coolant, if a hydraulic pipe burst and the fluid hit directly onto the engine/gearbox block, then you'd expect fires. Just as likely to happen in the coolness of November then in the heat of June.

So tell me, how do you "prepare" a bus for hot weather? Drive with the engine door open? Hmm....
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk