News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond East Midlands (formerly Midland Classic)

Started by bahumbug, May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bahumbug

Just going off your fleet list for Midland Classic - you have a section of: 'withdrawn vehicles are also believed to be owned'

Under which you list WDA 4T - Just to confirm they do or did own this vehicle - but it is now at Whytall Transport Museum - I took this photograph of it there - not the best - but it was stuck between two others :)

Just thought you might be interested :)

kodijay

midland classic are getting rid of there Volvos and replacing them with scanias they are. the 81 is S24 SLT, 82 is S25 SLT 83 is S26 SLT they are have one more I think it's going to be numbered 88 S27 SLT

Bob

These gonna be for the X12 then??

Westy

Bloke I was at school with, works for MC!

kodijay

kodijay

kodijay

THIS IS 82 IN MIDLAND CLASSIC LIVERY

Westy

Tony

One of the recent Scanias has previous history in the area, see bottom photo on this page
http://wmbusphotos.com/MidlandClassic/88.html

Tony

Quote from: bahumbug on May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM
Just going off your fleet list for Midland Classic - you have a section of: 'withdrawn vehicles are also believed to be owned'

Under which you list WDA 4T - Just to confirm they do or did own this vehicle - but it is now at Whytall Transport Museum - I took this photograph of it there - not the best - but it was stuck between two others :)

Just thought you might be interested :)

Found a photo of it now and put it on
http://wmbusphotos.com/MidlandClassic/74.html

Gareth

As far as I am aware, WDA 4T is now owned privately and has been for a while. She is just stored at Bammot. The owners plans to eventually restore it to WMPTE livery.

Tony

Is anyone able to confirm which of the 'vehicles still thought to be owned' are still actually with Midland Classic?

arrivaaston

Why did they get rid of the 57/08 plate volvos?

winston

Quote from: arrivaaston on April 07, 2013, 04:53:41 PM

To standardize the the fleet on the Scania/Wright combination

John

Quote from: Winston on April 07, 2013, 04:54:50 PM
Quote from: arrivaaston on April 07, 2013, 04:53:41 PM

To standardize the the fleet on the Scania/Wright combination

Midland Classic sold them to Diamond, as part of the B7RLEs shortly expected

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk