News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hansons Buses Official - Questions & Answers

Started by Hansons Buses Official, April 12, 2014, 03:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hansons Buses Official

Hi Bususer 12.
Sorry it`s taken some time to respond but i could`nt give accurate information until the tender situation was known.Obviously we have gained an extra service as a result of this and we feel that in the short term were happy with the numbers of vehicles we have at the moment,though there could be some reductions in the older vehicles over time. J

Stuharris 6360

Saw MX60 on the 004 today, think it's display needs altering was showing via Lye.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Hansons Buses Official

Thanks Stu.
Not sure if driver had selected an old setting or its just wrong but will look in to it J

Roy

Hi

I've noticed that you are changing the 267 and 657 routes and timetables from 26 October.  Wouldn't this be a good time to renumber the 657 into the 200 Dudley series (for instance 268) as nearly every other 6xx ex-minibus route in the Centro area has been renumbered over the past three or four years?

Hansons Buses Official

Hi Roy.
The routes are both Centro contracts and as such are assigned route numbers by them.Personally i think it`s a good idea but as all registraions have been done(also new timetable leaflets have been signed off) it`s too late to change this time. J

Westy

Well bearing in mind the 'cock up' with the numbering system elsewhere,  that doesn't surprise me!

Hansons Buses Official

New bus arrived today.New E200(old design) 10.8 m 37 seater YY64GWD awaiting prep.Not being painted yet. For use on 318 service.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Hansons Buses Official on November 07, 2014, 03:28:15 PM
New bus arrived today.New E200(old design) 10.8 m 37 seater YY64GWD awaiting prep.Not being painted yet. For use on 318 service.

I assume fleet number 2640 is going to given to it

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: Hansons Buses Official on November 07, 2014, 03:28:15 PM

Good news, is the 318 carrying healthy loads with a full size brand new E200 being allocated to the route.

Has a decision been made of which bus with likely leave the fleet?

Hansons Buses Official

Trainbasher.
No news on fleet number yet though you may well be right.watch this space. ;)

Winston.
318 is a steady route with alot of mileage which is why we are allocating it this bus. We are assessing fleet age/dda compliance at the moment and will update you when a decision is made. J

Hansons Buses Official

Winston.
We have also just written off 1521 after it was run into front on by a car on the wrong side of the road.  >:( J

the trainbasher

Quote from: Hansons Buses Official on November 07, 2014, 06:25:31 PM
Winston.
We have also just written off 1521 after it was run into front on by a car on the wrong side of the road.  >:( J

Ouch, hope the driver is ok

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

As an aside, has Hansons thought about starting a Kiddy to Stourbridge service again since the reductions by Whittles of the 125 timetable?

winston

Quote from: Hansons Buses Official on November 07, 2014, 06:25:31 PM
Winston.

There goes the prospect of removing an older bus from the fleet.....

How can a car driver not notice a bus coming towards it  ???

Hansons Buses Official

Its a long story........and you would`nt believe it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk