News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Ex BC driver on December 29, 2013, 07:01:52 PM
BBC program called Toughest Place To Be A Bus Driver

Did you see that pure heap he had to drive? Makes a change to that B7 in London!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liberator9

Quote from: Nathan on January 14, 2014, 06:27:13 PM
Couple of shots on Benefits Street (Channel 4) based in Winson Green

Saw that; they were breaking some security tags on the backs of the seats no doubt leaving some scratches.

nitromatt1

Of the 11 or the 101?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt on January 14, 2014, 06:36:13 PM

Of the 11 or the 101?

Last nights episode showed exterior shots of a President and also a shot (An out of date shot) with a Gemini with the green outer circle branding on the 11

Also last weeks episode also showed two people aboard a B7TL ALX400 on the 101

notepanel

Quote from: Nathan on January 14, 2014, 06:38:46 PM
Quote from: Matt on January 14, 2014, 06:36:13 PM

Of the 11 or the 101?

Last nights episode showed exterior shots of a President and also a shot (An out of date shot) with a Gemini with the green outer circle branding on the 11

Also last weeks episode also showed two people aboard a B7TL ALX400 on the 101

I found it slightly odd that last week the 101 service number & destination were blurred out, yet the 11C was shown quite clearly. Possibly as it was a general shot rather than of people boarding the service?

I was very frustrated yesterday whilst travelling on the 11. Shortly after Bearwood we got to a bus stop with the Revenue Inspection team there. Four people at the back upstairs (who got off at Winson Green) started panicking as they didn't have tickets, but then the inspectors only seemed to step on the bus check about two passes and then got off! I was gutted.

Gareth

'By Any Means' recently on BBC1 was also filmed in Birmingham and set in London. One scene filmed in front of Hotel LaTour had loads of NXWM buses passing by on Moor Street.

CL

If I remember correctly, there was once an episode of Channel Four 'Secret Millionaire' helping a scheme in Ladywood. There was a huge upclose of her boarding a bus (route 66, at the time!) with a BIG TWM Logo!  ;D

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Nathan on January 15, 2014, 07:39:42 PM
Quote from: Rob H on December 24, 2013, 09:26:22 PM
I watched a Keeping Up Appearances Episode a while back and 2465 appeared in the background :)

Also when Hustle filmed their last 3 series in Birmingham several Buses were in the background including Presidents and Enviros

Even though Hustle was filmed in Birmingham and clearly had NXWM buses in the background of some shots,it was still set in London!

Hahaha, looks like BBC is ashamed of Birmingham.... PEBBLE MILL YO!!
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

CL

A couple day ago, there was a rather interesting documentary on BBC1? I don't want to name the programme, but it did feature a NXWM Plaxton President going past, with the Transitional Logo's on. I think this was when most Presidents were still at BC?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: clayderman on January 26, 2014, 03:23:32 PM
A couple day ago, there was a rather interesting documentary on BBC1? I don't want to name the programme, but it did feature a NXWM Plaxton President going past, with the Transitional Logo's on. I think this was when most Presidents were still at BC?

Benefit Street is on Channel 4!  Seriously, what's the programme?
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Nathan on January 26, 2014, 10:17:21 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 26, 2014, 10:13:15 PM

Although reading in the Metro it could have been on the BBC but they turned down showing it!

Indeed!

- Anyone watched Benefit Street tonight? Numerous sightings of Presidents, the buses - not Obama.
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 27, 2014, 10:38:22 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 26, 2014, 10:17:21 PM

Although reading in the Metro it could have been on the BBC but they turned down showing it!

Indeed!

- Anyone watched Benefit Street tonight? Numerous sightings of Presidents, the buses - not Obama.

Yes. Did see some appearances of Geminis and Presidents on the previous Benefit Street episodes as well.

CL

It weren't Benefits Street. I am quite ashamed to say this... But it was called the Naked Rambler.  - I think he was arrested one night in Birmingham, as he was in a car. As the on-screen annotation came up displaying 'Birmingham' the President drove past...

the trainbasher

Saw a few late 80s buses on Interceptor on challenge the weekend when they were in Bakewell

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

D10

Anybody remember the Challenger Anneka episode from the late 80's where they converted buses into Playbuses?  :)

If I remmebr back what 25 years I am sure the buses converted included WMT Fleetlines and there were plaenty of shots at Selly Oak garage which was used at the time for the Reserve Fleet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk