News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex BC driver

I remember many years ago when my sister watched tellytubbies, they were doing something about counting and some metrobuses were shown

John

Quote from: John on December 24, 2013, 09:43:29 PM
Quote from: Rob H on December 24, 2013, 09:38:36 PM
Its a Series One Episode where 2465 is featured I think its the 3rd episode but I'm not 100% sure on that :)

Thanks Rob, will have to watch that again.

Also, don't forget that Aston Manor's RM506 will soon be on 'The Game' next year that BBC were filming in Birmingham a few months ago

Its the 4th Episode of Series 1, loading at a stop on 'The Moorfield, Coventry', now the 16 route

Kevin

Technically not buses... but bus spotters were talked about on Have I Got News For You the other week
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

John

Quote from: Kevin on December 26, 2013, 10:11:12 AM
Technically not buses... but bus spotters were talked about on Have I Got News For You the other week

Also, on an old QI episode shown on Dave, Stephen Fry/Alan Davis, Jeremy Clarkson and someone else are talking about Birmingham (Slagging it off like usual), and the picture behind the panel is a MK1 Metrobus (WMT Red Stripe Livery) on the 57A on Corporation Street

CL

Another childhood programme: 'Me Too!'

Where Lothian buses, primarily Plaxton Presidents, are featured - disguised in the name: Riversea Buses
Although, quite frankly - If you watch the show the vinyl have been very poorly attached!

Other buses may include:
- Dennis Darts SLF - I think these do not have 'Riversea' Logos attached...
- Volvo Olympian (Alexander Royale) - in the Old livery
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Liverpool Street

I haven't noticed it been said but...

...The Weatherfield Wayfarer on Coronation Street makes an appearance now and again. Clearly a Stagecoach breadvan with the fake logo in the advert board.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 26, 2013, 09:36:08 PM

...The Weatherfield Wayfarer on Coronation Street makes an appearance now and again. Clearly a Stagecoach breadvan with the fake logo in the advert board.

Its 40660 N660VSS http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/mysteries-of-weatherfield-wayfarer.html

A bit of trivia about it - http://mancunian1001.wordpress.com/2013/10/29/lights-camera-atlantean-gm-buses-link-with-weatherfield/

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 26, 2013, 09:42:53 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 26, 2013, 09:36:08 PM

Its 40660 N660VSS http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/mysteries-of-weatherfield-wayfarer.html

A bit of trivia about it - http://mancunian1001.wordpress.com/2013/10/29/lights-camera-atlantean-gm-buses-link-with-weatherfield/

Gee, thanks!!

..and people wondered why I liked [greater] Manchester buses so!
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

On BBC's Waterloo Road youve had Bullocks, Stagecoach Manchester, First Manchester, First Glasgow and McGills

That new program coming up about EYMS features EYMS :-)

The Route Masters - Running Londons Roads features some RMLs of First amongst others...

Top Gear -

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

I dare say I've seen buses on Doctors and Crossroads. (Remember Crossroads? What a crap ending to the whole show)
until it cought fire

Nathan4775

there's a Stagecoach Mercedes Midi-Bus that appears in Coronation  Street
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Bob

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 26, 2013, 10:04:45 PM
I dare say I've seen buses on Doctors and Crossroads. (Remember Crossroads? What a crap ending to the whole show)

Whuch ending lol the original 1988 one or the mad one inthe 2000s

Liverpool Street

Quote from: bob on December 27, 2013, 12:52:30 AM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 26, 2013, 10:04:45 PM

Whuch ending lol the original 1988 one or the mad one inthe 2000s

I think the mad 2000's one.. so they wake up in a hotel room and its all a dream? Come off it! Whoever thought of that needs their head checking.
until it cought fire

Bob

Na if you remember the screen panned to a supermarket and it turned out jane asher was a checkout girl who dreamed her ran an hotel in the Midlands lol

Gareth

Although the later incarnation of Crossroads was filmed in Nottingham, occasionally a TWM Optare Solo was used. But with 'West Midlands' taken off the fleetname, showing just 'Travel'.
No idea why, everyone knew Kings Oak was supposed to be just outside Birmingham!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk