News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Routes 36,172,225 and 343,plus the night variants of the 36 & 343,have all been retained by their current operators-Abellio in the case of the 172 & 343 and GoAhead London in respect of the other two. All will get new buses. Starting dates are varied beginning from February 3rd of next year.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on June 29, 2017, 04:40:56 PM
Routes 36,172,225 and 343,plus the night variants of the 36 & 343,have all been retained by their current operators-Abellio in the case of the 172 & 343 and GoAhead London in respect of the other two. All will get new buses. Starting dates are varied beginning from February 3rd of next year.

I've been reliably informed that this is not the case.

172 & 343 are both lost by Abellio to London Central.  Meanwhile 225 gets existing buses; and the 36 gets 5 existing hybrids alongside the new ones

winston

Ouch! 26% of Walworths Pvr gone with the loss of 172 & 343.

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route                Current Operator              New Operator    PVR    Vehicles

36 (24h)                London Central             London Central   39      New Euro VI hybrid double deck
172                       Abellio London               London Central   18      New Euro VI hybrid double deck
225                       London Central              London Central     6      2013 Euro V diesel single deck
343/N343             Abellio London                London Central   22      New Euro VI hybrid double deck
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

markcf83

Must have misread it when I saw it then. Oops......

Stuharris 6360

Tower Transit routes 28, 31, 266, 328, N28, N31 & N97 transfer from Atlas Road Garage to Westbourne Park
Garage on 01/07/17. This removes all TfL bus operations from Atlas Road Garage.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Update for London Bus Tender Awards – announced on 29/06/17

Route 36 Retained by Go Ahead, London Central, with new Euro VI hybrid double deckers, including five 2011
built Euro V hybrids. PVR+1 to 39. Contract commences on 10/02/18.
Route 36 will continue to terminate and stand at New Cross Bus Garage instead of New Cross Gate,
Sainsbury's. The weekend night service frequency is reduced from every 20 to every 30 minutes.

Routes 343 & N343 Awarded to Go Ahead, London Central (from Abellio London), with new Euro VI hybrid
double deckers. PVR-2 to 22. Contract commences on 03/02/18.
The Monday to Saturday daytime frequency is reduced from every 7 to every 7-8 minutes.

Route 172 Awarded to Go Ahead, London Central (from Abellio London), with new Euro VI hybrid double
deckers. PVR+1 to 18. Contract commences on 17/03/18.

Route 225 Retained by Go Ahead, London Central, with existing fleet 2013 built Euro V diesel single deckers.
PVR-2 to 6. Contract commences on 17/03/18.
The Monday to Saturday daytime frequency reduced is from every 15 to every 20 minutes. The vehicles
to be used are currently allocated to route 284.

@Stuharris 6360 - why re-post? You already posted it on the day they were announced

@Winston, IF you notice, extra details have been added to the anouncement, if i had randomly just put the changes, it would not have made sense.

JoNi

Major consultation on revised bus services when Elizabeth line (Crossrail) open.
https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/buses/elizabeth-line/

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route                Current Operator              New Operator    PVR    Vehicles
99                Stagecoach Selkent           Arriva North             14     Existing Euro V decker
269              Stagecoach Selkent           Arriva North             12     Existing Euro V Decker
401              London Central                  Arriva North              7      Exising Euro V Decker
422              London Central             Stagecoach Selkent     16      Exising & New Deckers
B14              London Central             Stagecoach Selkent       5      New Euro VI Diesel single deckers
B16              London Central                 London Central         9      2010 exising Euro V single deckers
423              London United                  London United           7      2011 euro V single deckers
635              London United                  London United           3       tbc
H22              London United                  London United          11     exising 60 single deckers
H28             Abellio West London    Abellio West London         9     2012 Euro V single deckers
H37              London United                  London United          15     tbc
H98              London United                  London United          13     existing single deckers

All the above routes are awarded as specified, subject to consultation where appropriate. Please note the following:

Route 269 frequency is reduced to 5 bph Monday to Saturday daytimes (plus 1 journey in Monday to Friday PM peak).

Route 422 is awarded on the basis of an alternative schedule with 1 minute widening during Monday to Friday peaks.

Route B16 is rerouted in Kidbrooke via Cambert Way to terminate at Moorhead Way.

Route H98 frequency is reduced to 6 bph Monday to Saturday daytimes.

markcf83

Plenty more work for Dartford then with the 99,269 and 401 going there. Wouldn't be surprised if London Central closed its Belvedere garage and moved the 180/244 into Bexleyheath. On the other side of London,I'm guessing London United's management are most relieved not to have lost anything. There are varying start dates for these-not surprisingly-with the changes to the 99/269/401 starting in late January and going through to March for the 423/H22,plus presumably the other Hounslow area routes.

markcf83

News on routes 68,468,X68 and N68. Abellio have won the 68 & N68-the former will keep its Borismasters while the latter will see Enviros spare from the 45 & 415. Arriva London have won the 468 and from what I've seen will run it from Norwood with new Hybrids. Finally the X68 is held by Go Ahead London. This is a big loss to Camberwell who run the routes currently. All these changes are effective from March 31 next year.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on July 31, 2017, 04:24:55 PM
News on routes 68,468,X68 and N68. Abellio have won the 68 & N68-the former will keep its Borismasters while the latter will see Enviros spare from the 45 & 415. Arriva London have won the 468 and from what I've seen will run it from Norwood with new Hybrids. Finally the X68 is held by Go Ahead London. This is a big loss to Camberwell who run the routes currently. All these changes are effective from March 31 next year.

Abellio have been hit by a fair few sizeable tender losses courtesy of Go-Ahead out late at Walworth & Battersea, it was inevitable that Abellio would return the favour at some point on Central London routes

markcf83

I agree Winston. The fact the routes pass the doors probably helped them.

winston

Quote from: markcf83 on July 31, 2017, 06:59:16 PM
I agree Winston. The fact the routes pass the doors probably helped them.

I've track a bit, but I'm assuming even with 23 Pvr win for the 68/N68, Abellio will still be down a bit on Central London routes

monkeyjoe

X140 route interesting would it actually save any time the traffic on this corridor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk