News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

I caught a 60 in Yardley around 6.30pm. We were then overtaken by two more 60's. Our convoy of three were nose to tail pretty much all the way into the city centre.

Trident 4194

Services seem very punctual today even the 4H

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 28, 2017, 01:57:38 PM
Services seem very punctual today even the 4H
That's a change, your not moaning about the 4H being late all the time.

karl724223

Merry hill shappin centre traffic busy slight delay to services

Stu

I have split off a load of irrelevant posts into a new thread, please keep this one for discussing late running buses, not for slagging off various bits of Birmingham.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

An x96 Dudley followed a normal x96 from Stourbridge 11:00. Think there was an incident somewhere on route

MasterPlan

3 98s coming down Broad St into City. Not far behind an X64.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

WB 5's are all over the place today. Most are running in twos.

Quote from: Jack on January 20, 2018, 03:36:52 PM
WB 5's are all over the place today. Most are running in twos.

It's like that most Saturdays it's especially bad around New Oscott with cars queueing to get into the Tescos.

j789

Small brook Queensway was particular bad today, took ages to get onto the island and traffic was backed right up to the bull ring.

MasterPlan

Quote from: j789 on January 20, 2018, 09:30:43 PM
Small brook Queensway was particular bad today, took ages to get onto the island and traffic was backed right up to the bull ring.

It was absolutely dire. It's getting worse and worse. I left town at around half 1 and it was like I was sat in rush hour traffic.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 21, 2018, 01:09:42 AM
It was absolutely dire. It's getting worse and worse. I left town at around half 1 and it was like I was sat in rush hour traffic.

I've given up on it, it takes an eternity trying to get round Holloway Circus these days. I walk to the ICC and catch the bus from there. I wish the Harborne services used the old route of Snow Hill, Colmore Row and Newhall St in the city centre.

j789

Quote from: Mike K on January 21, 2018, 09:58:56 AM
I've given up on it, it takes an eternity trying to get round Holloway Circus these days. I walk to the ICC and catch the bus from there. I wish the Harborne services used the old route of Snow Hill, Colmore Row and Newhall St in the city centre.

Those 'temporary' traffic lights that they have put up around the island have made things worse. Granted they do help city bound services get off Bristol Street easily but this positive is undermined by the way outbound traffic from Smallbrook Queensway and inbound traffic from Bath Row are severly delayed. There must be a better solution. Unfortunately, the planners in Birmingham seem to have no clue and closing Corporation St to buses has made things far worse.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on January 21, 2018, 09:58:56 AM

I like the route it takes as it provides additional links etc. However if it becomes untenable then unfortunately I agree.

Jack D

Lots of traffic going towards Aston Express this evening affecting services from Priory Queensway, snow hill and square peg way. Lots of police going towards the Aston expressway what happened?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk