News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Discount Travel Solutions

Started by winston, October 30, 2013, 07:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Thanks for the swift reply; Tony.

So, reading in other threads, technically they can't run then as the frequency with NX is more then every half an hour? Or isn't that how it works? Is it on a per company basis or total frequency with all operators?

In fact; scrap that - VIP got away with it so I expect its a per company basis.

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 10, 2013, 07:29:31 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 10, 2013, 07:23:57 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on December 10, 2013, 04:37:02 PM
Do we think nbus will get accepted??

I dare say..

..I wonder if Tony has the fleet list of DTS Ltd?

Is it crumbly darts or true competition?

Its not the vehicles that are important really. Cheap buses bright livery and day returns and they should be ok. Though lots of ppl have nx passes on the br routes so the 50p ticket strategy would be a good one. Surprised theyre not goingffor yhe 97 though as the fact diamond lasted longer on there than the br should show it is more profitable. To be fair the br at one time had a lot more first buses diamond on two routes and then travel express plus thandi companies of which all seemed to do quite well. Looking forward to seeing them though!!

Well yes but I think there's more of an opportunity on the BR with the Concession cards; you wouldn't believe the volume of olduns on the BR.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Tony on December 10, 2013, 07:27:00 PM

I dare say..

Ex Stagecoach darts, Presumably not meeting Centro's QSP so I suspect they will not be a frequent service

R823 HCD
      R935 FOO   
      S929 PDD   

Didn't they come via Ensign and Discount Travel Solutions was at the time suggested to be some sort of church transport?

Tony

Quote from: Winston on December 10, 2013, 07:39:21 PM
Quote from: Tony on December 10, 2013, 07:27:00 PM

I dare say..

Ex Stagecoach darts, Presumably not meeting Centro's QSP so I suspect they will not be a frequent service

R823 HCD
      R935 FOO   
      S929 PDD   

Didn't they come via Ensign and Discount Travel Solutions was at the time suggested to be some sort of church transport?

I suspect it has connections with a former Walsall operator. Need to investigate further.

nitromatt1

This company is founded by an ex employee of Evergreen Coaches

The three Darts quoted by Tony are parked up in Evergreen's depot on Alma St where the main building used to be

Tony

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 10, 2013, 07:46:23 PM
This company is founded by an ex employee of Evergreen Coaches

The three Darts quoted by Tony are parked up in Evergreen's depot on Alma St where the main building used to be

Yes, Mr Balkar Singh. But I suspect there are others involved as well

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 10, 2013, 07:33:31 PM

So, reading in other threads, technically they can't run then as the frequency with NX is more then every half an hour? Or isn't that how it works? Is it on a per company basis or total frequency with all operators?

I dare say..

Its not the vehicles that are important really. Cheap buses bright livery and day returns and they should be ok. Though lots of ppl have nx passes on the br routes so the 50p ticket strategy would be a good one. Surprised theyre not goingffor yhe 97 though as the fact diamond lasted longer on there than the br should show it is more profitable. To be fair the br at one time had a lot more first buses diamond on two routes and then travel express plus thandi companies of which all seemed to do quite well. Looking forward to seeing them though!!

Well yes but I think there's more of an opportunity on the BR with the Concession cards; you wouldn't believe the volume of olduns on the BR.

There are a fair few OAPs on the BR though. As you've driven the 61/63 and 97 though Liverpool Street, wouldn't you say the 97 was a bit busier as a route than the BR?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 10, 2013, 08:14:39 PM

I dare say..

There are a fair few OAPs on the BR though. As you've driven the 61/63 and 97 though Liverpool Street, wouldn't you say the 97 was a bit busier as a route than the BR?

Well, obviously considering the 97 is every 4 minutes and BR every 5, the 97 would be busier. But there are other factors rather then pure passenger numbers. Anyway, if there were any profit on the 97 why did Diamond come off it?
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 10, 2013, 08:44:38 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 10, 2013, 08:14:39 PM

I dare say..

Well, obviously considering the 97 is every 4 minutes and BR every 5, the 97 would be busier. But there are other factors rather then pure passenger numbers. Anyway, if there were any profit on the 97 why did Diamond come off it?

Well tbf the fact that connect were on there could have caused the frequency it has as the nx response is always to up the frequency.

And god knows why diamond came off there they did well until the solos arrived and the brand identity was lost. If thedrivers had got ahead and not sat behind then they would still be on there. The 97 should not have been withdrawn nor the 17 but definitely the 37 as that was a dead duck! Didnt diamond plan to put deckers on there make it 24 hours to the airport before nx at one time?

Liverpool Street

Any more news reference Discount Travel Solutions on the Bristol Road?
until it cought fire

4Q

PD1121581/2 - DISCOUNT TRAVEL SOLUTIONS LIMITED, 8 ERNEST ROAD, SMETHWICK, B67 7LP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Birmingham City Centre
Finish Point: Lockwood Road Northfield
Via: Harborne, California and Woeley Castle
Service Number: 29
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 01-APR-2014
Other Details: Monday to Friday (no service Sat/Sun or bank holidays). To operate 55 mins to hourly

Interesting...

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 4Q on January 30, 2014, 09:30:08 AM
PD1121581/2 - DISCOUNT TRAVEL SOLUTIONS LIMITED, 8 ERNEST ROAD, SMETHWICK, B67 7LP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Birmingham City Centre
Finish Point: Lockwood Road Northfield
Via: Harborne, California and Woeley Castle
Service Number: 29
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 01-APR-2014
Other Details: Monday to Friday (no service Sat/Sun or bank holidays). To operate 55 mins to hourly

Interesting...

Two buses being used then I bet. Of course the old times were 38minutes from City to Lockwood. I bet this Discount Travel thing will be similar. Indeed I'm drawing parallels with Diamond 16 vs. NXWM 16 times. With Diamond close to old TWM times
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

I have yet to see these on the Bristol Road considering it was supposed to be operative from the 3rd February 2014.
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

FAO: Discount Travel Solutions

To Whom It May Concern,

Does your company actually exist?

Have you any intention of driving a bus on the Bristol Road?

Kindest of Regards,
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 21, 2014, 08:43:10 PM
FAO: Discount Travel Solutions

To Whom It May Concern,

Does your company actually exist?

Have you any intention of driving a bus on the Bristol Road?

Kindest of Regards,

Are they of the same ilk as City Line Travel?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4609

What ever happened to this company? I presume they haven't stepped foot on Bristol Rd at all?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk