News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Untimetabled 'E' Workings

Started by John, October 09, 2013, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

60E - Hay Mills; Heybarnes Circus, ASDA

Passed me about 6:20pm at Bordesley Station, never seen that short journey before.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

The Fox 4846

2 33Es terminating at Kingstanding in 20 mins
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Kevin

4803 running a 16E to Hockley Circus, 18:39 Moor Street Queensway
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

Quote from: Kevin on December 22, 2017, 06:39:28 PM
4803 running a 16E to Hockley Circus, 18:39 Moor Street Queensway
Quick question about this short working - in regards to it coming from the city centre direction - where does it actually terminate?

I know when I've seen 74E's terminate at Hockley (having come from West Bromwich/Dudley end) they are able to go round the Circus - to start new service outside the New Bingley Hall - as the bus stop is placed before the roundabout. Where would buses coming from City Centre terminate? Outside the former Hockley Garage (New Bingley Hall) or the stop before, near the Royal Mail Collection Office?

Suppose it terminates outside New Bingley Hall, does it just run NIS after that?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

MW

Quote from: CL on December 23, 2017, 12:11:37 AM
Quick question about this short working - in regards to it coming from the city centre direction - where does it actually terminate?

I know when I've seen 74E's terminate at Hockley (having come from West Bromwich/Dudley end) they are able to go round the Circus - to start new service outside the New Bingley Hall - as the bus stop is placed before the roundabout. Where would buses coming from City Centre terminate? Outside the former Hockley Garage (New Bingley Hall) or the stop before, near the Royal Mail Collection Office?

Suppose it terminates outside New Bingley Hall, does it just run NIS after that?

If it terminated at the New Bingley Hall, it could take the first left just after the stop onto South Road, left onto The Creacent and left at the end of the road on to Whitmore Street coming up behind New Bingley Hall and back to Hockley Circus. Whether it does in reality, I don't know. You can get onto the 101 route into City as that goes near the back of the New Bingley Hall I think.

Jack6101

Quote from: MW on December 23, 2017, 05:51:02 AM
If it terminated at the New Bingley Hall, it could take the first left just after the stop onto South Road, left onto The Creacent and left at the end of the road on to Whitmore Street coming up behind New Bingley Hall and back to Hockley Circus. Whether it does in reality, I don't know. You can get onto the 101 route into City as that goes near the back of the New Bingley Hall I think.
Or maybe it ran to hamsted not In service and picked up service from there??
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Kevin

Every chance it just went back to garage from there tbh
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MasterPlan

16E - Church Lane, Handsworth Wood

MasterPlan

29E - Weoley Castle

EDIT: They're all being amended anyway. Though surely Shenley Academy, Shenley Lane would've been better as Weoley Castle tends to imply Weoley Castle Square.

Trident 4194

X10 halesowen arrived 10:30 from Birmingham following a normal x10.

John

Unplanned roadworks have closed Beeches Road this morning. Meaning all 28s are terminating at Thornbridge Avenue unable to reach Scott Arms. 52 and 52A using Booths Farm Road out of City

MasterPlan

Not sure if all of these Es on the 22, 23 and 29 are because of weather or congestion.

Sh4318

87E - Ladywood Spring Hill. Saw a few moments ago on the Oldbury Road (towards Birmingham)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk