News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Buses on Ebay

Started by trident4370, October 07, 2013, 01:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trident4370

Forgive me if I've missed a very obvious topic but I couldn't find anything from a few searches. Just thought I'd start this for any local or interesting (not the usual deckers that are relisted every week) buses seen on ebay / other bus sales. For instance De Courcey 570 is currently for sale.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Dennis-Dart-SLF-PSV-COIF-ACCESSIBLE-DDA-DIPTAC-/171142241730?pt=UK_Minibuses_Buses_Coaches&hash=item27d8df5dc2

Liverpool Street

OK, so its not eBay but I have to post this.

http://usedcoachsales.co.uk/coach.ihtml?coach=1109

2x 1983 MCW Metrobuses for sale, one looks like 2464 and the other I can't identify but they're both ex-TWM , and they're both on the pricey side but it looks like a good project a certain someone can undertake in their retirement...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Liverpool Street

One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

All 4 look pretty tidy to me! Good that you can still get them, the bit about the car license interests me, can anyone just jump in and drive one then as long as its not for hire or reward? And would you have to take all the other seats out or just 'promise' not to take more than 8, but either way imagine the insurance would be pretty expensive

BU07 LGO

im interested in that too

Tony

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on October 20, 2013, 01:03:10 PM
All 4 look pretty tidy to me! Good that you can still get them, the bit about the car license interests me, can anyone just jump in and drive one then as long as its not for hire or reward? And would you have to take all the other seats out or just 'promise' not to take more than 8, but either way imagine the insurance would be pretty expensive

Insurance is not too bad for preserved vehicles, most owners use the same company and as mileage is normally very low (not many people can afford to run thousands of miles with the current cost of diesel, and most are driven carefully as the owners will not want to damage their pride and joy, the premiums tend to reflect this

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on October 20, 2013, 07:47:41 PM
Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on October 20, 2013, 01:03:10 PM

Insurance is not too bad for preserved vehicles, most owners use the same company and as mileage is normally very low (not many people can afford to run thousands of miles with the current cost of diesel, and most are driven carefully as the owners will not want to damage their pride and joy, the premiums tend to reflect this

Exactly Tony. Remember its not like a car; there is no option to use this as 'Social Domestic and Commuting to a single place of work' - hahaha

Providing you're over 21 (some are over 25) the cost of premiums I've seen when researching is about £350~ , anyone can drive providing they're over 25. If you're looking to insure someone who's 17, you can forget it - they wouldn't even quote.
until it cought fire

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Stu

Looks like it's for a Midland Metro tram.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on November 10, 2013, 01:13:42 AM
Withdrawn Optare Solo, 284 on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-Optare-Solo-M850-low-floor-bus-/190962925545?pt=UK_Minibuses_Buses_Coaches&hash=item2c7646ffe9

I know Solos aren't many people's cup of tea but if I had the time and money (I have neither) it would be nice to restore this to its Harborne Hopper 626/636 livery and branding.

trident4370

Quote from: Tony on November 11, 2013, 07:29:16 PM
The description is appropriate
mem ROB ilia
I hadn't even noticed that!!!

Quote from: John on November 11, 2013, 07:34:20 PM
Have you seen the bus stop vinyl sticker as well.

£1 plus £20 for postage!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Travel-West-Midlands-Buses-bus-stop-reflective-sign-/121210105315?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c38af6de3

I saw that yeah, I like this comment... "I will be putting the price up on the next 5 to 35.00"

Niall

Quote from: trident4370 on November 11, 2013, 10:45:16 PM
Quote from: Tony on November 11, 2013, 07:29:16 PM
The description is appropriate
mem ROB ilia
I hadn't even noticed that!!!

Quote from: John on November 11, 2013, 07:34:20 PM
Have you seen the bus stop vinyl sticker as well.

£1 plus £20 for postage!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Travel-West-Midlands-Buses-bus-stop-reflective-sign-/121210105315?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c38af6de3

I saw that yeah, I like this comment... "I will be putting the price up on the next 5 to 35.00"

and 'something you wont find at a good price'
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk