News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 03, 2013, 10:18:36 PM
What i don't get is how you were allowed to be unsupervised as i had a garage visit (I'm 14) and i had a member of staff present for the whole duration of it.

Same when I went to AG & PB
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Gareth

Quote from: Michael on August 03, 2013, 10:13:13 PM
Whoa eveeyones throwing a massive tantrum. I do understand why it's wrong and what not, I've had plenty of time to work that one out.

Oh and FYI I only moved around 10 yards. I was more interested in the Hanover.

Oh my God, you really don't get it do you? You drove a bus illegally. You could have easily killed someone or your self. I think my original choice of the word Pratt was too soft!

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on August 04, 2013, 11:52:46 AM
Whoa eveeyones throwing a massive tantrum. I do understand why it's wrong and what not, I've had plenty of time to work that one out.

Oh my God, you really don't get it do you? You drove a bus illegally. You could have easily killed someone or your self. I think my original choice of the word Pratt was too soft!

Yes I agree, once the handbrake is off a bus and it is moving it is a lethal weapon in the hands of somebody who hasn't been trained on it or under training with a second competant person there

Driver03

Quote from: Tony on August 04, 2013, 12:03:24 PM
Quote from: Gareth on August 04, 2013, 11:52:46 AM

Yes I agree, once the handbrake is off a bus and it is moving it is a lethal weapon in the hands of somebody who hasn't been trained on it or under training with a second competant person there
I agree regarding the comments posted on this issue, as a professional driver I can whole heartily agree with Tony's words. Buses are not toys, they are 12 ton dangerous vehicles, one mistake in them you can kill or at best seriously injure many people! It makes you wonder why NXWM won't let enthusiasts onto the site these days, with comments like that I now understand why >:(

Tony

4135 probably moved less than 10 yards when it killed the Engineer in Walsall garage

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tony on August 04, 2013, 12:53:50 PM

4135 probably moved less than 10 yards when it killed the Engineer in Walsall garage

I'm wondering what sort of class one IQ=0 would brag about that on a public forum. Especially one which is openly (rare, that...) host to management - who was (until now) amenable to the enthusiast community. Psv enthusiasts are looked on as a bunch of retards already, without f*ckwits like you proving it.

BTW, My Father's (who drove for Midland Red/WMPTE/Diamond - amongst others) partner died in a depot accident that occurred in less than 10 FEET - & there were no Hanovers in those days to p!ss about with either...

GB_91

Thank you for once again getting sensible bus enthusiasts a bad name amongst management, It's just a shame you weren't caught in the act so they could have banned you there and then and done everyone a favor, Class A Twat...

James4368

I wanna have a look around birmingham central garage
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

MW

What the hell. I've already said I know it's not right. It was a silly thing to do yes, and it had its risks, I understand that.

What more can I say.

And to Trident4609, they weren't that strict before. The only depot they showed us around was in LH. Once at BC too, but the other few times not.

karl724223

Any word on what's happening at Walsall this week times and what's on ??

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on August 26, 2013, 05:43:20 PM

Hi Karl

It is a mini friends and family of staff open day, not a general open day

Nathan4775

Quote from: Tony on August 26, 2013, 07:09:09 PM
Quote from: karl724223 on August 26, 2013, 05:43:20 PM

Hi Karl

It is a mini friends and family of staff open day, not a general open day

Tony, Do the staff have to work out of WA garage ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM
As well as Simon answering question on his 'ask NX OD' I have received an email from David Bradford, Commercial Director making this offer

We'd also like to extend an offer to any of your forum regulars who want to have a tour of a depot and/or AVL that they'd be more than welcome. We can set up a couple of times and dates if there is any interest.

Is there any interest?

Tony,

Is there any news on the offer from David Bradford about setting up any depot visits?

Tony

Quote from: Winston on September 07, 2013, 12:01:50 AM
As well as Simon answering question on his 'ask NX OD' I have received an email from David Bradford, Commercial Director making this offer

We'd also like to extend an offer to any of your forum regulars who want to have a tour of a depot and/or AVL that they'd be more than welcome. We can set up a couple of times and dates if there is any interest.

Is there any interest?

Tony,

Is there any news on the offer from David Bradford about setting up any depot visits?

Yes he is working on it.

I have suggested Walsall during October half term as the first one so people can see the paintshop and training school as well.

winston

Quote from: Tony on September 11, 2013, 08:53:27 AM
Quote from: Winston on September 07, 2013, 12:01:50 AM

Is there any interest?

Tony,

Yes he is working on it.

I have suggested Walsall during October half term as the first one so people can see the paintshop and training school as well.

Thanks Tony, sounds good to me

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk