News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Depot visits

Started by Tony, July 26, 2013, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

I have already visited WN twice and will be doing work experience there next year:) WA and BC are garages i'd like to visit

I guess due to H&S they do not do 'open days' like they used to? they were great I only went to a few but to go through the bus wash was amazing. I have probably been round all the garages as a kid and most the ones I would like to see now are no longer garages. I always wanted to go round the Tyburn works but even when it was open I believe it was a big No-No. My fav was probably Selly Oak they seamed to have all the buses I 'needed' and when it was used for storage it was great for the old Fleetlines & Metro's. I guess now I would like a nose round Miller Street to see what goes on there, I don't really know but it seams like a bit of a Tardis, lots going on but it doesn't look very big! Or maybe Pensnet being a newer garage, I've been there but not inside it
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: 4006 on July 27, 2013, 01:29:36 AM
I always wanted to go round the Tyburn works but even when it was open I believe it was a big No-No.

I managed it once!

Yes me again..I know its late but I just had a Brainwave maybe they could do a garage visit like when the police do an open office where offenders can ominously surrender weapons etc
NX could do a 'surrender your out of date daysaver/travelcard' without getting a fine, there could be a competition for:
'the longest out of date ticket'
'most extreme case of 'non transferable ticket'
'Best Cut & Paste Ticket'
and for the finale...
Best excuse for not having a valid ticket!....
Yeah it's December innit?
'yes but yours is December 2010, we are now in 2013'
'yeah but its December innit'
'Yeah but December 2010 was 2 Christmases ago, I should remember I rowed with the Mrs On Both!'
'You gonna let me on or not?'
'Is your ticket valid?'
'Yes It's valid till December I just told you you stupid idiot dumb F***** Driver, Now drive your bus mo fo'
'Ok no problem sir....once you show me a valid ticket or offer a payment'
'Geezer..Yo Big Man, safe yeah? I got me a tag see, got no wedge'
'Unless you get off this bus now and run very quickly, you'll have an ever bigger tag tomorrow'
'respect'.....dodger leaves.....meanwhile
Dorris has missed the first Bingo call
Terry (when he gets there) has been stood up cause his date is fed up of waiting
Johns fish & chips are now cold
Gary the alkie has finished all his Frosty Jacks and has now urinated while seated
Brenda has forgot where she is
The Driver is late, will finish late, bus late for next driver/return to garage
And all because some blithering idiot does not want to pay a poxy £2 fare for a ride that would cost double in a car!!!
LOL  ;D ;D ;D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Gareth

Would be a great experience! The best open day I went to was at Patk Lane in the late 90's. for £3 you could drive a bus! I had 9062 :-)

Trident 4609

Quote from: Gareth on July 27, 2013, 03:12:53 AM
Would be a great experience! The best open day I went to was at Patk Lane in the late 90's. for £3 you could drive a bus! I had 9062 :-)

I first visited Park Lane when i was 6 in 2005 and i'm sure i went through the bus wash.

This year in April they allowed me once again to visit the garage where i got the chance to sit in the cab of an E400H (5418) before it went into passenger service and At Wolverhampton City Show i sat in the cab of a B5LH.

Plus WN is a massive garage (Has the second biggest allocation not far behind BC doesn't it?)

sonic84

Sounds like it would be a fantastic experience.   I have registered my vote for Pensnett, but would be interesting whichever garage is chosen. =)

Would also be nice to get to meet some of the forum regulars too.

Trident 4609

Quote from: sonic84 on July 27, 2013, 10:42:03 AM
Sounds like it would be a fantastic experience.   I have registered my vote for Pensnett, but would be interesting whichever garage is chosen. =)

Would also be nice to get to meet some of the forum regulars too.

I think i might have interpreted it wrong but i think tony means individual visits not a group of forum members visit although that is something i would love to do to meet all the other members as there are a couple of people on the forum i have met before (Tony IS one of them ;)

BU07 LGO

Me and trident4370 would both love to go to PB and BC if we could, definitely interested!

Nathan4775

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 27, 2013, 06:12:24 PM
Me and trident4370 would both love to go to PB and BC if we could, definitely interested!

PB is great garage, I got shown around by somebody named Tony. Don't know if he still works there. BC is quite big to me but thats probally becuase of the bus park at the back of BC aswell  8)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Trident 4609

Quote from: NathanJC on July 27, 2013, 08:22:40 PM

PB is great garage, I got shown around by somebody named Tony. Don't know if he still works there. BC is quite big to me but thats probally becuase of the bus park at the back of BC aswell  8)

Tony? ;)

Sh4318

I visited Miller Street when I was young
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

vinh1000

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 27, 2013, 08:33:42 PM
Quote from: NathanJC on July 27, 2013, 08:22:40 PM

Tony? ;)
There are several Tony's lol :-)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Kevin

Love the way that no one's voted for YW (or indeed Yarlwood), they seem to be the only garage I've heard of doing anything community wise
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on July 28, 2013, 04:25:04 PM
Love the way that no one's voted for YW (or indeed Yarlwood), they seem to be the only garage I've heard of doing anything community wise

Everyone will get a chance to visit YW & AG when they have their open day in October

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk