News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniquicity

Quote from: Stu on August 05, 2013, 07:37:46 PM
September 1st changes; Service 1 will no longer serve the Town Hall at all:
http://networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/01September13.aspx

I hope it will continue to serve Broad Street / Sheepcote St, as I frequently use this service on Sundays to connect with the 120 if I'm visiting my parents in Langley.

I imagine the curtailing of daytime journeys might see the PVR reduced by 1, unless the changes are to improve the reliability. There's generally no issues at the times I use the 1, but in the evening the timetable is a bit tight when just 2 buses are used, I can't speak for journeys at other times.

Might explain the loss of 4115 ;)

Ashley 4569

Its a reduction of one bus from AG1, two at most I think

Matt.N0056

Rob H

60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Stu

New timetable for the 1 now available to download:

As expected, all off-peak journeys will terminate at Broad Street (Sheepcote Street) as per the current evening service. Is it also my imagination, or is the daytime frequency being reduced to every 15 minutes? Sure it was every 12 minutes previously.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Thanks, I don't use the 1 during the week, I do recall seeing an update about the daytime frequency being reduced some time back, it did used to be a 12 minute frequency before.

The only time I really use the 1 is on a Sunday when I go to visit my parents; I change at the Sheepcote Street stop for the 120 (and vice-versa), so looks like I won't be affected anyway!

My locals:

Kevin

Shame really, another good route slowly being reduced in frequency and getting cut short (personal opinion)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

I don't see why the 1 isn't just fully extended to Colmore Row, surely it would be a success
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Sh4166 on August 25, 2013, 11:17:08 PM
I don't see why the 1 isn't just fully extended to Colmore Row, surely it would be a success

Problem is then you wouldn't be able to use Presidents on It.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 26, 2013, 10:13:33 AM

Plus it would require more buses and drivers, as well as timetable amendments to account for heavy traffic at peak times, which would no doubt increase the overall running costs of the route. I would imagine NX have been monitoring the passenger loadings along the whole route before making the decision to curtail it.

As it is, it still remains a very useful route for people across South Birmingham, especially those like myself who use it to link to Harborne or Hagley Road services, without the hassle of travelling into the city centre.
My locals:

Stu

Don't know when this changed, but anyone noticed they've changed the destination displays for the 31?

Instead of showing 'Solihull Town' on the front, it just shows 'Solihull'.
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on August 26, 2013, 10:35:01 AM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 26, 2013, 10:13:33 AM

Plus it would require more buses and drivers, as well as timetable amendments to account for heavy traffic at peak times, which would no doubt increase the overall running costs of the route. I would imagine NX have been monitoring the passenger loadings along the whole route before making the decision to curtail it.

As it is, it still remains a very useful route for people across South Birmingham, especially those like myself who use it to link to Harborne or Hagley Road services, without the hassle of travelling into the city centre.

It was also extended to Corporation Street for a couple of years but didn't do any good and was soon chopped back. For the first 60 years it ran it only was Five Ways to Acocks Green, so even todays route is longer than the tradidtional route

Rob H

Quote from: Stu on September 17, 2013, 07:23:25 PM
Don't know when this changed, but anyone noticed they've changed the destination displays for the 31?

It's the same with the 58 & 73 they also just display 'Solihull' :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Stu

Quote from: Rob4367 on September 17, 2013, 08:00:55 PM
Quote from: Stu on September 17, 2013, 07:23:25 PM

It's the same with the 73 it also just displays 'Solihull' :)

Thanks Rob, don't see the 73 any more since I stopped working in Solihull. It just looks strange now, they could have used a less-condensed font, as it just looks squashed in the middle now!
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk