News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 21, 2017, 09:30:27 PM
Why would you need a single decker Trident?

To get under low bridges!!!

Quote from: Mike K on December 21, 2017, 10:50:55 AM
Some of the sensationalist reporting of these types of incidents gets on my nerves. The Telegraph coverage of it says "Commuters were shaken after the roof of a double-decker bus was torn off by a bridge in Bournville, Birmingham".
The bus was empty and it was half past midnight.
Wonder if any whiplash claims went in...wouldn't surprise me?

sonic84

Are there any diversions on the 27 at the moment. Spotted two in Northfield going to Maypoke with *main roads only* showing on display.

jc

The blinds were updated during November to add 'Snow Warning' Blinds, they basically advise on the blind that there may be a diversion, however these are set on the destinations right next to the normal ones.

Drove a 35 the other day, all the way to city and several people asked what diversions there were, much to my confusion, took me a while to realise they have added these 'Snow Blinds'

Jack

Quote from: jc on December 23, 2017, 11:35:26 PM
The blinds were updated during November to add 'Snow Warning' Blinds, they basically advise on the blind that there may be a diversion, however these are set on the destinations right next to the normal ones.

Drove a 35 the other day, all the way to city and several people asked what diversions there were, much to my confusion, took me a while to realise they have added these 'Snow Blinds'
I've noticed loads of YW buses with a new font. They look better than the previous displays on LED displays, the 6 looks way better. I've noticed some at AG have had it done too. Not keen on the Dot matrix displays though, the 2 looks ugly, I preferred the thick number.

MW

Quote from: Jack on December 24, 2017, 10:50:00 AM
I've noticed loads of YW buses with a new font. They look better than the previous displays on LED displays, the 6 looks way better. I've noticed some at AG have had it done too. Not keen on the Dot matrix displays though, the 2 looks ugly, I preferred the thick number.

It's the same font as the 11Es at AG. It looks like a simple Mobitec style font.

Solo1

will the trident that got de roofed become an open topper or scraped

Sayeed

Quote from: Solo1 on December 24, 2017, 04:30:05 PM

Hopefully it will go to Birmingham bus tour
Век живи - век учись

Isle of Stroma

It's already 'scraped' its roof.

filbus1

Nothing decided yet, it could be repaired.

MW

Not sure on the logistics but there's plenty of spares to fix that YW Trident if they wanted to.

Jack

@lauren1993 Spare E400 MMC's are used on the 35 quite a lot.

monkeyjoe

Martin Hancock on the telly talking on bbc2 programmer doing experiment about pollution on kings heath high street

MasterPlan

The top deck on 4732 looks pretty dark, doesn't look like the lights are working well.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

NWM service changes page states that the 50's early morning journeys will be withdrawn from March 11th, Monday to Friday. Early morning would be 1AM - 4AM wouldn't it, so is the 50 losing its night service?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk