News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

All this week, the 5, 6 and 31A have been diverted in the evening, along Formans Road, Reddings Lane and Warwick Road, due to the Stratford Road being closed for resurfacing between Durham Road and Baker Street.

A 3 mile diversion, due to 130 metres of road being closed!  :D

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ServiceAlterations/RoadworksandEvents/StratfordRoad.aspx
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

nitromatt1

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 28, 2013, 12:13:54 PM
Due to part of the Handsworth New Road/Boulton Road being closed for a few days, the Outer Circle is being diverted down Nineveh Road following the 101 route through Winson Green then left along Victoria Road to return on route. Took me by surprise turning the corner out of Park Road and seeing 4 11C's in a row stuck in traffic on Nineveh Road!

Correction, it's staying all the way up Nineveh Road then turning onto the Soho Road and returning to its original route

s94

Is there something going on on Quarry Bank High Street - Im sure ive just seen the 004 and 53 on Coppice Lane/Merry Hill when they should be on the high street?

Dylan4579

Quote from: s94 on June 29, 2013, 01:20:54 PM
Is there something going on on Quarry Bank High Street - Im sure ive just seen the 004 and 53 on Coppice Lane/Merry Hill when they should be on the high street?
Armed forces parade?

Ossie

Longest off-route diversion I can recall: two or three years ago now, on an early evening City Centre - Sutton Coldfield bus (915, I think) which received a radio message just as we were departing - accident (serious one) had just happened at the Gravelly Hill / Kingsbury Road junction; avoid the Expressway.

The driver calmly took us on a non-stop run from Dartmouth Circus through Aston via the Lichfield Road to Spaghetti, then round the roundabout and along the Tyburn Road to the Buffet Island, then left up the Outer Circle to emerge at 6 Ways, Erdington from Wood End Road.  I think we got to Erdington pretty much on schedule!

Passengers who had wanted to alight between Gravelly Hill and Erdington were a bit disconcerted ....  ;D

s94

Quote from: dgss1 on June 29, 2013, 04:58:15 PM
Quote from: s94 on June 29, 2013, 01:20:54 PM
Armed forces parade?
Who knows but I can definitely confirm the 004 and 53 were off the High street briefly. Dont know whether any other of the high street routes were diverted.

Mike K

All manner of diversions in Harborne today due to yet another building fire, this time at the recently opened Huntsman pub (formerly the Kings Arms). 11, 24 and 48 are serving War Lane, Northfield Road and Quinton Road, and all city services are using Metchley Lane instead of the High Street. Just seen 2 Presidents and a Merc on War Lane, once common sites but unseen these days.

Harborne is to building fires what Pensnett is to bus fires.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Mike K on July 09, 2013, 08:40:03 PM
All manner of diversions in Harborne today due to yet another building fire, this time at the recently opened Huntsman pub (formerly the Kings Arms). 11, 24 and 48 are serving War Lane, Northfield Road and Quinton Road, and all city services are using Metchley Lane instead of the High Street. Just seen 2 Presidents and a Merc on War Lane, once common sites but unseen these days.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

This one was a big one, the footage I've seen doesn't justify it, I literally had to walk through the fire twice today, I couldn't even see my feet the smoke was so thick, on the pictures I got of the 1st hybrid bus in the queue, with around half of all BC's hybrids getting stuck within 45 minutes, total chaos and so many routes effected, surely its time to rethink some of the Harborne services with a few bypassing the high street or something

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on July 09, 2013, 08:48:14 PM

This one was a big one, the footage I've seen doesn't justify it, I literally had to walk through the fire twice today, I couldn't even see my feet the smoke was so thick, on the pictures I got of the 1st hybrid bus in the queue, with around half of all BC's hybrids getting stuck within 45 minutes, total chaos and so many routes effected, surely its time to rethink some of the Harborne services with a few bypassing the high street or something

Have to agree there, even during the day, Harbourne High Street can be a sea of buses.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

sonic84

I agree, however I guess the 10 has proved that taking buses away from the high street and passengers numbers fall.

Mike K

Unfortunately in rush hour, which is when it matters, the alternative routes that avoid the High Street become rat runs and are also completely clogged with traffic, so are no quicker. Many years back the 72 service missed out Harborne High Street by serving Somerset Rd, Prichatts Rd, Vincent Drive and Quinton Rd to Northfield Rd, then went via the current 22 route to Kitwell. It was short lived and soon replaced by the modern day 22.

Kevin

Loving the irony in this particular one...
Because of the tunnel closures, all the A34 Birchfield road buses (express or not) are using the tunnel under Lancaster Circus inbound... Apart from this afternoon when it flooded, meaning they were diverted from the diversion onto the original line of route
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

JB93

It's not that long winded or strange but while Chelmsley Road is closed, the 94 is diverting straight over to the White Hart from the Big John's in Fordbridge, then left onto Tile Cross Road, then onto Bosworth Drive into Chelmsley Wood.

Niall

Kent Road closed 1st-9th August, 241 diverted

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/kent-road-halesowen

Looked out the window this afternoon and the "Road ahead closed" signs were there. Had no idea about this prior to that!
Shame they couldn't have taken the diversion past my house!
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk