News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diecast Bus models

Started by Ash, March 17, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Anyone remember the Matchbox models?

Was it me, but were the buses difficult to get?

They used to do the DMS version of the Fleetline until sometime in the 80's when it changed to a Titan(I think?).

filbus1

Quote from: Westy on November 04, 2017, 09:16:26 AM
Anyone remember the Matchbox models?

Was it me, but were the buses difficult to get?

They used to do the DMS version of the Fleetline until sometime in the 80's when it changed to a Titan(I think?).
I had loads of them as a kid, still few lurking in my collection

Tony

First photographs of the preproduction model of NXWM 6126 are here

http://www.wmbusphotos.com/models/nxwm6126.html

BK63 YWP

Looks amazing, I have pre ordered one with Yardley Wood Bus Club, hoping to get a First Bristol one in April
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 07, 2017, 08:23:29 PM
First photographs of the preproduction model of NXWM 6126 are here

http://www.wmbusphotos.com/models/nxwm6126.html

Accurate representation with partial rear route branding missing

filbus1

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 07, 2017, 08:30:23 PM
Accurate representation with partial rear route branding missing
It looks like the production version will have the full branding.

CL

Hard to say I'm not excited for this release, I'd preorder via YWBC but would much rather see them in the flesh first. Taken into account that the photos are of pre-production models, I will have to give NMC the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the inaccuracies - hoping they'll be rectified prior to release.

One thing that does irk me about what I see, and I must admit it is a very minor detail, is the painted headlights. Don't get me wrong, it looks fantastic in the third photo - but I'm not really a fan of it. Would've much preferred the separate plastic pieces for the headlights, like on the older E400 model, than a unibody design with paint applications. Looks unlikely to be one of the changes before release, but hey ho.

Nevertheless, the detail on the preproduction model seems impeccable (i.e. green emergency exit stickers on the windows). Regardless of whether the production version will have full rear branding, the missing on on this did make me chuckle.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

filbus1

Quote from: CL on December 09, 2017, 05:48:48 AM
Hard to say I'm not excited for this release, I'd preorder via YWBC but would much rather see them in the flesh first. Taken into account that the photos are of pre-production models, I will have to give NMC the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the inaccuracies - hoping they'll be rectified prior to release.

One thing that does irk me about what I see, and I must admit it is a very minor detail, is the painted headlights. Don't get me wrong, it looks fantastic in the third photo - but I'm not really a fan of it. Would've much preferred the separate plastic pieces for the headlights, like on the older E400 model, than a unibody design with paint applications. Looks unlikely to be one of the changes before release, but hey ho.

Nevertheless, the detail on the preproduction model seems impeccable (i.e. green emergency exit stickers on the windows). Regardless of whether the production version will have full rear branding, the missing on on this did make me chuckle.
I'm sure most of the inaccuracies will be corrected when the people who have the pre-production models give their views. The headlights are no doubt down to cost, People were expecting a price of £70+ for these and thankfully this didn't happen.

CL

Network Shuttle (Model 1), a Hong Kong model retailer, has listed NMC UKBUS6501 on their website.
https://networkshuttle.com/collections/new-release/products/1-76-nmc-ukbus6501-alexander-dennis-enviro400h-mmc-go-ahead-london

Shame UKBUS6502 isn't online yet. Would love to see the final production model; I fear both won't be released in the UK until early Feb.

britishmodelbuses[dot]com also says that Network Shuttle has a few Enviro 200 MMCs in the pipelines. I can't find photos as of yet, but I have high expectations, as their models are actually quite good. These are in UK spec, with two London spec ones (Abellio) (Stagecoach) and a regional Stagecoach Chesterfield one.

QuoteHONG KONG MANUFACTURER MODEL 1 ANNOUNCES SECOND NEW CASTING
Model 1 Company Limited have announced a second new casting on their Facebook page this afternoon:

"A must-have for the collectors of the modern-era buses, our second casting is the ADL Enviro200MMC, also officially licensed by the operators and TfL, in London and provincial specification. Very much like our other products, a detailed interior, including individually moulded seats and realistic decals, is the standard for Model 1's model buses. The diecast ADL Enviro200MMC is in 1/76 scale, making this a great companion of our Enviro400MMC".

Three photographs accompany the post showing three Enviro200MMC:
Abellio (London)
Fleet number: 8848
Registration number: YX16NZW
Route number: C10
Destination: Canada Water

Stagecoach London
Fleet number: 36604
Registration number: YY15OWX
Route number: 499
Destination: Heath Park Estate

Stagecoach Chesterfield
Fleet number: 26085
Registration number: YY16YJP
Route number: 74
Destination: Duckmanton via Staveley

I assume they'll be retailing for around £50-60, excluding the costs for shipping.

BMB's facebook page also states that Network Shuttle are producing their own E400MMCs, with three planned for the third quarter of this year.

QuoteNEW RANGE OF BRITISH MODELS ANNOUNCED BY HONG KONG MANUFACTURER MODEL 1

The following announcement has today been published on the Model 1 Company Limited Facebook page:

"Model 1's first UK model bus was released in 2011, since then we have been receiving suggestions for our next release. We are pleased to announce that we are now developing three castings for the UK buses, with the first one being the ADL Enviro400MMC in London and provinical specification. Our model buses are welcomed by collectors for its detailed interiors and authentic appearance. These will be reflected in all of our UK releases, with the features of individually moulded seats with moquettes and preceisely reproduced decals, whilst the price will stay competitive. We have already received approval from various operators, and the first release is expected at the third quarter of this year".

Three photographs accompany the post showing three Enviro400MMC:

Abellio (London)
Fleet number: 2500
Registration number: YY64TYZ
Route number: 109
Destination: Croydon Town Centre

Stagecoach London
Fleet number: 12369
Registration number: YX16DGH
Route number: 53
Destination: Whitehall Horse Guards

Stagecoach Manchester
Fleet number: 10611
Registration number: SN16OWO
Route number: 203
Destination: Piccadilly

filbus1

Quote from: CL on January 26, 2018, 01:15:32 PM
Network Shuttle (Model 1), a Hong Kong model retailer, has listed NMC UKBUS6501 on their website.
https://networkshuttle.com/collections/new-release/products/1-76-nmc-ukbus6501-alexander-dennis-enviro400h-mmc-go-ahead-london

Shame UKBUS6502 isn't online yet. Would love to see the final production model; I fear both won't be released in the UK until early Feb.

britishmodelbuses[dot]com also says that Network Shuttle has a few Enviro 200 MMCs in the pipelines. I can't find photos as of yet, but I have high expectations, as their models are actually quite good. These are in UK spec, with two London spec ones (Abellio) (Stagecoach) and a regional Stagecoach Chesterfield one.

I assume they'll be retailing for around £50-60, excluding the costs for shipping.

BMB's facebook page also states that Network Shuttle are producing their own E400MMCs, with three planned for the third quarter of this year.
From the latest sources, the first CMNL models are about six weeks from release in the UK.

CL

Quote from: filbus1 on January 26, 2018, 02:57:16 PM
From the latest sources, the first CMNL models are about six weeks from release in the UK.
Oh right, better late than never I suppose. The paint application on 6501 looks top notch, if I may add. I've high expectations for 6502 (hoping its photos are released soon! :o)

BK63 YWP

@Tony any news on northcord release of their new MMC Models?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

filbus1

Quote from: Chris on February 18, 2018, 05:38:48 PM
@Tony any news on northcord release of their new MMC Models?
Look at the post above yours

filbus1

A report on the British model buses facebook page this morning states that the first model of the MMC400 by Northcord UKBUS6501 will arrive here during the last week of March. The second one UKBUS6502, which is the NXWM model has been delayed due to staffing problems during the Chinese new year at the factory producing them. No definite date has been set for the release of this.

Tony

I have received an email from Northcord this morning stating that the NXWM E400MMC is now in final assembly, and that they hope to ship the first ones to the UK at the end of the month

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk