News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Brierley Hill Bus Improvement Scheme

Started by winston, January 03, 2013, 11:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Winston on September 20, 2014, 09:30:25 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 20, 2014, 08:19:15 PM
"Cradley Heath Bus Station no longer meets the needs of a modern interchange - nor offers the public transport facilities we aim to provide for passengers"

Interesting, there didn't seem to be a problem with it until the Merry Hill Bus Station project fell through!

Indeed, it meets more needs than the poor excuse of a bus station at Merry Hill does!

It isn't that bad is it, the interchange at Cradley Heath?

Surely if Merry Hill cannot be re-developed due to lack of space/co-operation, then it would be better to do something with Dudley where there is the space to do something pretty decent...

It also seems as if Halesowen/Stourbridge are far cleaner than say Wednesbury and West Bromwich. I wish the standards of cleaning Centro put into Halesowen and Stourbridge could be put into West Brom and Wednesbury and other older bus stations...

D10

I plan to brave the temporary stops at Cradley Interchange and get the bus onward to Merry Hill Bus Station and the shops there tomorrow.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in the MH Centre to get hold of timetables? The last time I tried there was nowhere to collect any as the old Travel Centre in the Post Office by the Bus Station had stopped stocking them.

Trident 4194

Quote from: D10 on February 26, 2015, 07:38:26 PM
I plan to brave the temporary stops at Cradley Interchange and get the bus onward to Merry Hill Bus Station and the shops there tomorrow.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in the MH Centre to get hold of timetables? The last time I tried there was nowhere to collect any as the old Travel Centre in the Post Office by the Bus Station had stopped stocking them.

You will be fine you will be waiting less than 10mins, and I don't know, but halesowen library stocks timetables I think

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Roy

There's nowhere at all at Merry Hill.  As Matt and the Trainbasher said, Dudley and Stourbridge are the best bet.  Dudley Bus Station has most Centro area timetables, while Stourbridge just has the local ones.

Tara4352

Quote from: Roy on February 26, 2015, 08:17:22 PM

There's nowhere at all at Merry Hill.  As Matt and the Trainbasher said, Dudley and Stourbridge are the best bet.  Dudley Bus Station has most Centro area timetables, while Stourbridge just has the local ones.
There is somewhere surprisingly the centro hut you can ask for a timetable and they will give it to you

karl724223

Merry hill bus station is not safe out of date and not fit for purpose
And that bus lane top of merry hill by kfc total waste of time and a accident waiting to happen

the trainbasher

Notice what they've removed at the top of that bus lane?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

No what it wants removing full stop and making a left turn lane and a right turn lane more cars use it than buses

D10

Quote from: Rhys S on February 26, 2015, 08:31:12 PM

There is somewhere surprisingly the centro hut you can ask for a timetable and they will give it to you

Thanks for the replies folks, I think I saw the hut, but there was no one there, so I came away from Merry Hill timetable-less!

I think this is very disappointing in terms of supporting Public Transport, so I have sent an e-mail off to Intu asking if there is anywhere they can display timetables and maps. I don't suppose they will, but it's worth a try!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: D10 on February 27, 2015, 09:33:06 PM

Thanks for the replies folks, I think I saw the hut, but there was no one there, so I came away from Merry Hill timetable-less!

I think this is very disappointing in terms of supporting Public Transport, so I have sent an e-mail off to Intu asking if there is anywhere they can display timetables and maps. I don't suppose they will, but it's worth a try!

tbh, i think that paper timetables will quickly become a thing of the past!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 27, 2015, 09:39:17 PM
Quote from: D10 on February 27, 2015, 09:33:06 PM

tbh, i think that paper timetables will quickly become a thing of the past!

They take their time getting the buggers printed as it is!

Trident 4194

You should have seen merry hill bus station at 4pm, there was hopping of horns, drivers driving round looking for spaces, the hansons 226 went round 3 times looking for a space, never seen it as bad as that before

Tara4352

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 28, 2015, 06:41:14 PM
You should have seen merry hill bus station at 4pm, there was hopping of horns, drivers driving round looking for spaces, the hansons 226 went round 3 times looking for a space, never seen it as bad as that before
Mite have seen you bit didn't not sure but the 845 was on the 81 and 1573 4573 and 1630 were all waiting to come away but then 845's looked out of his window and put 3 fingers up and the other drivers were beeping there horns and I thought Can you learn patience anyway and if tonight was anything to go by I'd love to see what merry hill is like when it is busy 😳 honestly this bus station is crazy I think they should shut the bus station re build a new one do you know where Best Buy and Kiddycare used to be is build one there ! The incident on stand D yesterday seen some damage to the top of the so called shelter !!!😡

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk