News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond Bus - Discussion

Started by Ash, March 20, 2012, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

I accept that Blue Diamond could make improvements-I suggest that they ditch the 37 for a start. I think their natex/coach operations need to be separated as they must cause staffing difficulties and it is rumoured they have trouble running them-it diverts resources from the buses. I cant believe Im the only person who loves diamond. Guess Ive seen them my whole life-from ricketty 9s nationals on the 9 which I used to love going on when I was about 5, then to Diamond's lances including the verdes-the smartest buses in the midlands, then Go-Ahead-marshall darts and volvo B10bs-not to mention double deckers-then rotala and B7rles/MCVs/ Darts. The most interesting and diverse fleet in the midlands that I have liked all the time Ive been interested in buses.

Ash

I use both diamond and NXWM on routes such as the 16,301,404 and 410 have to say some NXWM drivers are not that pleasent compared to most diamond drivers, the fleet may have old rattly darts which rotala inherited from go west-midlands, since the takeover rotala ensured all non low floor buses were withdrawn which its been like that since a few months after the takeover. Black diamond buses get quite busy on quite a few services. I was on 31419 a newely refurbised R reg dart in black diamond livery and it looks brand new inside, refurbished seats and new trimmings and no rattles. Dont use blue diamond so cant comment but they look no where near as good as black diamond.

Lukeee

Quote from: Ash on April 21, 2012, 09:46:55 PM
I use both diamond and NXWM on routes such as the 16,301,404 and 410 have to say some NXWM drivers are not that pleasent compared to most diamond drivers, the fleet may have old rattly darts which rotala inherited from go west-midlands, since the takeover rotala ensured all non low floor buses were withdrawn which its been like that since a few months after the takeover. Black diamond buses get quite busy on quite a few services. I was on 31419 a newely refurbised R reg dart in black diamond livery and it looks brand new inside, refurbished seats and new trimmings and no rattles. Dont use blue diamond so cant comment but they look no where near as good as black diamond.

Agreed, Diamond (black diamond) has always been my faviroute company in the west mids and does have some good buses (e.g am i the only person who likes darts).

Liberator9

I do travel on the Signature SRs. Hate them, noisy and rattly (seems to be coming from the emergency exit). The Versas, Centros and Citaros are excellent though and sometimes we get the Citaro on the evening S3, much better than the SRs.

PM

Diamond is my favourite company in the West midlands and I too love the darts-we won't see wright crusader darts for many more years so catch these wonderful buses while u can...

Ash

Now the quite a few contracts have been lost to Arriva im sure some of the RxxxFFC darts may be withdrawn R410FFC has been painted white ready for sale and are some of the older buses in the fleet but internally there some of the best.

Nathan4775

The 56 hybrids at peak times are full to the brim as the capacity must only be 37/40 becuase they are quite small  ::). Which would suit fine on the 404E of a evening

Quote from: Ash on April 22, 2012, 04:09:48 PM
Now the quite a few contracts have been lost to Arriva im sure some of the RxxxFFC darts may be withdrawn R410FFC has been painted white ready for sale and are some of the older buses in the fleet but internally there some of the best.

What contacts have been lost to Arriva
I know service 604 has
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

The 223 Bilston to Dudley has been lost, my most local route. Served by 12 plate Enviro 200's which I presume then work on the 257 Evening service once the 223 has stopped running.

Ash

Due to losses it seems to me as if the diamond drivers have been moved round as before certain drivers always sticked on certain services and from what i can see they have been moved. May be its just me lol

Mike360

It's not just you as Diamond drivers must have had there shifts changed around as this week there's been different drivers driving the 002 and not the regular ones and I saw two regular 002 bus drivers on the 202 and not the usual faces so it must because of the changes.

Ash

Yeah the 401E and 410 drivers are on the 404E which suprised me and the usual 404E drivers i havent seen

suavegarv

4 blue diamond buses,all in service on the 17 route, in convoy at the yew tree,yardley all heading to city this evening around 18:15.the service is supposed to be 15 minute one!! must have been a heavy traffic jam somewhere.

Stu

Severe traffic problems in the city centre, affecting all routes using Moor Street Queensway this evening.

My 37 turned up in Sparkbrook just after 6:30pm and was absolutely heaving, so I gave it a miss. Got on a 31 not long after and that was a full double-deck, some people must have been waiting ages!  :o
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Nathan4775

Quote from: Stu on April 24, 2012, 09:06:40 PM
Severe traffic problems in the city centre, affecting all routes using Moor Street Queensway this evening.

My 37 turned up in Sparkbrook just after 6:30pm and was absolutely heaving, so I gave it a miss. Got on a 31 not long after and that was a full double-deck, some people must have been waiting ages!  :o

Most buses are held up at around 5-7pm becasue my 934  runs in 2's which is quite rare same for the 935 buses

Service 97/A blue diamond i give up with them now as they cut the journeys short to Digbeth to avoid Moor Strret which is quite annoying, carnt there be a way for cars to get around as they are the problem on moor street ::)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

MW

Quote from: NathanJC on April 25, 2012, 07:08:15 PM
Quote from: Stu on April 24, 2012, 09:06:40 PM

Most buses are held up at around 5-7pm becasue my 934  runs in 2's which is quite rare same for the 935 buses

Service 97/A blue diamond i give up with them now as they cut the journeys short to Digbeth to avoid Moor Strret which is quite annoying, carnt there be a way for cars to get around as they are the problem on moor street ::)

Buy a car then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk